CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Break in period CW 45

Default Break in period CW 45

The CW .45 requires a 200 round break in period. I am up to 40 rounds, so I have a while to go. So far no failures at all. The big problem is accuracy. It is terrible I was shooting a 1' X 1" target at 15 feet and had a lot of misses. Not even hitting the paper.

I packed it up and pulled out my full size 9mm and was hitting bullseyes. Does the break in period improve the accuracy. I am sure that I am part of the problem, but I did not know I was that bad. Is it customary to be off so much during the break in period?

Quote Originally Posted by skyracer View Post
    The CW .45 requires a 200 round break in period. I am up to 40 rounds, so I have a while to go. So far no failures at all. The big problem is accuracy. It is terrible I was shooting a 1' X 1" target at 15 feet and had a lot of misses. Not even hitting the paper.

I packed it up and pulled out my full size 9mm and was hitting bullseyes. Does the break in period improve the accuracy. I am sure that I am part of the problem, but I did not know I was that bad. Is it customary to be off so much during the break in period?
    No, it's not and if it is a problem with your pistol, I doubt any amount of break in would fix that much error. Have you had another shooter try your CW45? If not, you might want to do so as a way to verify if it's a problem with your pistol or a matter of more trigger time with it.
    FWIW, my CW45 was accurate out of the box and remains so several thousand rounds later. Here's several magazines worth of hardball fired from it (10 and 25 yards, two hand, standing) when it was fairly new:

I'm fairly confident a better shot could tighten that up with the pistol as it stands today.
    Regards,
    Greg

My bet is that the gun is perfect, shooter needs sights adjusted!!!!
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I was at the range with a friend that is fairly new to shooting but it was our third time there. He rented a m&p 9 pistol (like the other times) put the target at 50ft. He only hit the target once (way far right), handed me the gun. When I looked at it the front sight was pushed all the way to the left in the dovetail. He took it back to the rental counter where they gave him a different gun that he shot accurately but they didn't replace the wasted ammo. Check the sights to see if they look centered and if someone else can't shoot it accurately Kahr will fix it. To me their CS is the best!

I was not doing well with my CM 9 when I first took it to the range. It was the long trigger pull. I now also have a CW45 and had no problem using it. If you haven't had a Kahr before it takes a while to gett used to the pull. In fact, early on I would get better by the end of the range period but next time I would start back near the beginning. Keep at it you will bring it in in no time.

Use a bench rest to see if it is the gun or the shooter.
    Very interesting...

Try a benchrest, another person etc. Mine was coffee cup accurate from the start.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

My CW45 needed very little break in if any and as far as accuracy I can hold a tighter group with the CW45 than I can with any of my other Kahr’s.

Try some snap caps to see if you are pulling or jerking.

Thumbs up Accuracy?

I've got 250 rounds through my CW-45 and it was dead on from the first round.

The CW-45 has been flawless, without any malfunctions. I couldn't be more pleased with my choice.