Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your gun belt.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I found an 1 1/4 wide Dickies Work Belt at Wally World and have been using that. It's not the greatest, I'd like to have a 1 1/2 inch gun belt, but what I'm really looking for is a western type gun belt/holster combo with a 2" or greater belt, that will work with a 6 inch barrel double action .357 to wear over my overalls when I'm outside working, so I can tote my .357 Dan Wesson around comfortablly. We get some crazy, starving, dog dump offs out here, and it pays to be ready. I had a couple of rottweilers start to attack me once, luckily I was wearing a pistol and a shot in the ground sent them running. I've had everthing from St. Bernards on down show up around here. Starving dogs get pretty brave.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Feed the dogs, shoot the dumpers if you get the chance.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

For jeans wilderness tactical instructor belts (5 stitch) . When dressing up a 5.11 casual leather belt.

Quote Originally Posted by DubDubU View Post
    For jeans wilderness tactical instructor belts (5 stitch) . When dressing up a 5.11 casual leather belt.
    All this belt talk had me at Wilderness's website to get me a new one since the last one shrunk or I swelled, not sure which.
    I noticed they make no mention of the 3 stitch or the 5 stitch. They have the original instructor belt which is what I had before but no mention of the stitch.
    They used to have a version that had a liner inside for added rigidity but I don't see that anymore either.

I'll look again tonight when I have more time to scrutinize.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    All this belt talk had me at Wilderness's website to get me a new one since the last one shrunk or I swelled, not sure which.
    I noticed they make no mention of the 3 stitch or the 5 stitch. They have the original instructor belt which is what I had before but no mention of the stitch.
    They used to have a version that had a liner inside for added rigidity but I don't see that anymore either.

I'll look again tonight when I have more time to scrutinize.
    It used to be an option you added when ordering.

I have the Black Original Wilderness Instructor belt I bought from my LGS for $60.00 + tax and I know you can get it cheaper online here.

http://www.gmstactical.com/wiorinbe.html

The advantage of getting it locally is, you can try it out first then decide, I tried all the belts they have and this was the one, high quality thick made in the USA and should last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by cgpeanut View Post
    I have the Black Original Wilderness Instructor belt I bought from my LGS for $60.00 + tax and I know you can get it cheaper online here.

http://www.gmstactical.com/wiorinbe.html

The advantage of getting it locally is, you can try it out first then decide, I tried all the belts they have and this was the one, high quality thick made in the USA and should last a lifetime.
    For sure unless it shrinks or you out grow it. I think mine shrunk, I'm as fit as I ever was sorta.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I found an American (actually, Amish) made leather belt for under $30 with free shipping that serves perfectly as my gun belt. It has a roller buckle which makes it effortless to buckle and unbuckle, and it is available in black or brown, plain or embossed eagle print:
    http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_b...black_buy.html
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    I found an American (actually, Amish) made leather belt for under $30 with free shipping that serves perfectly as my gun belt. It has a roller buckle which makes it effortless to buckle and unbuckle, and it is available in black or brown, plain or embossed eagle print:
    http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_b...black_buy.html

I believe you get what you pay for, seems a little to good to be true. They do look nice from the pics.

Word to the wise.
    Don't buy the LIGER gunbelt. It looks like a solid belt for holding up your sidearm.... it does not. The buckle looks very stylish, but it cannot take the weight of a pistol.... it sags.
    To make it worse, the buckle does not stay closed. It is just a small hook that links to the belt.... but it comes undone if you happen to move (Gee, I usually like to move when performing tasks during the day.)
    I returned mine after two days and thankfully got my $60 back.
    LaP

I have no fear of perfection... I'll never reach it.