Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My T9 gets a big brother!

Default My T9 gets a big brother!

After a day of falling in love with my new (to me) little T9, the range officer at the local store told me to check out another Kahr in the .45acp case.

The store owner had taken in a TP45 in trade and it was practically flawless. Since I had just bought the T9 from him, he cut me a nice deal without even having to haggle.

So, the TP45 came home with me right then! Yippee!

Not married huh?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Not married huh?
    Naah, they're brothers!

Naw, I mean you. I'd be a bloody pulp if I came home with 2 new toys in a couple days. Wouldn't be able to recognize me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default nice...what holster is that?

I got a T9 in December and just bought a tp45 this week. Shot 150 rounds though the TP45 with of 230 fmj...no issues, shot great. My fist .45 ACP and the recoil was easy as cake. When I switched back to my T9 with 124gr ammo...it was like butter. I think having a .45acp will help me improve with the 9mm... because my last group at 7 yards with the T9 was ridiculous - best ever and pretty much one big ragged hole. I just need to get better with the tp45 because it too is more accurate than I.

By the way...what Holster is that?

Kudos on the new TP45....that thing is great.

Quote Originally Posted by csman22 View Post
    I got a T9 in December and just bought a tp45 this week. Shot 150 rounds though the TP45 with of 230 fmj...no issues, shot great. My fist .45 ACP and the recoil was easy as cake. When I switched back to my T9 with 124gr ammo...it was like butter. I think having a .45acp will help me improve with the 9mm... because my last group at 7 yards with the T9 was ridiculous - best ever and pretty much one big ragged hole. I just need to get better with the tp45 because it too is more accurate than I.

By the way...what Holster is that?

Kudos on the new TP45....that thing is great.
    So far, I am getting better groups with the TP45 than with the T9! Both of these calibers are new to me as my only other handguns have been Glock model 22s (.40S&W).

The holster is a N82 Tactical (right hand full size slim). I have a larger one for the Glock and have been using it for two years.

Not married huh?
    Naw, I mean you. I'd be a bloody pulp if I came home with 2 new toys in a couple days. Wouldn't be able to recognize me.
    LOL! I'm betting he's single.

DK, both of those guns are Sweet! And that N82 holster makes carrying either one a pleasure, doesn't it?
    Very interesting...

I'd be a bloody pulp if I came home with 2 new toys in a couple days. Wouldn't be able to recognize me.
    My solution to this is pretty simple: My wife & I each have our own bank account; we agree on who is responsible for each of joint expenses; and we are each entitled to do what we want with any leftovers that each of us has. Works pretty well, because I don't have to see the cost of some of the crazy things she spends money on (you don't want to know!), and I do not have to get permission for or justify any of the things I buy (including an occasional gun).

When we were first married we had one joint bank account, and it created nothing but problems when she thought that I was spending "her" money, and vice-versa. At first she hated the idea of getting separate accounts, but now it would be divorce if I forced her to give up her own account and go back to the old way. My wife has her own job which makes this work well, but even during periods where she didn't work, I would put monthly "allowance" money into her account so she always had some of her own money that she didn't need my permission to spend.

I've been married to the same woman for over 30 years, by the way.
    "Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, speak once."

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    LOL! I'm betting he's single.

DK, both of those guns are Sweet! And that N82 holster makes carrying either one a pleasure, doesn't it?
    Yes, the N82 holsters are awesome -- especially when it's hot because the suede backing keeps me cool and keeps the sweat off of the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by QuercusMax View Post
    My solution to this is pretty simple: My wife & I each have our own bank account; we agree on who is responsible for each of joint expenses; and we are each entitled to do what we want with any leftovers that each of us has. Works pretty well, because I don't have to see the cost of some of the crazy things she spends money on (you don't want to know!), and I do not have to get permission for or justify any of the things I buy (including an occasional gun).

When we were first married we had one joint bank account, and it created nothing but problems when she thought that I was spending "her" money, and vice-versa. At first she hated the idea of getting separate accounts, but now it would be divorce if I forced her to give up her own account and go back to the old way. My wife has her own job which makes this work well, but even during periods where she didn't work, I would put monthly "allowance" money into her account so she always had some of her own money that she didn't need my permission to spend.

I've been married to the same woman for over 30 years, by the way.
    Sorry to dig up an older thread, but the quoted post is important advise for buying guns. I've been with the same woman for 12 years, we work on the same separate bank account structure and it works great. We split up the bills and the remainder is discussed but not scrutinized. We do discuss common savings goals and long term planning, but there is no commingling of funds. It means I can go buy a gun or two without getting questioned (doesn't hurt that she is also a shooter). Somehow I lucked out and she is a saver, her expendatures are generally small.
    Kahr PM9, P380, T9, CW9, and a crapload of Glocks.