Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glock 27?

Default glock 27?

I have been thinking about getting a glock 27, s&w m&p 40c, xd sub 40. what do you think? and suggestions? I have a cw 40 and a pf9 now

I've carried my M&P 9c for about two years. Very reliable, accurate, and concealable (IWB). The grip is fatter than your CW40, but it holds a few more rounds. The trade off is up to you.
    LaP

I have no fear of perfection... I'll never reach it.

how often do those have to be cleaned?
    I plan on cleaneing whatever i get just curious compared to a glock

Default Vote for G27 - But don't forget Walther PPQ

Quote Originally Posted by midmo View Post
    I have been thinking about getting a glock 27, s&w m&p 40c, xd sub 40. what do you think? and suggestions? I have a cw 40 and a pf9 now
    I only have experience with a Talo Special Edition EXO Gen 3 G27 sporting Ameriglo I-Dot Pro sights.
    But am very satisfied with it. It's one of my favorite carry guns.
    One of the advantages of a Glock is all the after market parts available.
    And part interchangeability across models.
    I have barrels and magazines to run in 9mm, 357 Sig and 40.
    Plus installed a crisp 5 lbs short reset Ghost Rocket trigger.

That said, if I were in the market for a new gun? I'd take a hard look at Walther's fine PPQ.

Default Battle On

Quote Originally Posted by midmo View Post
    how often do those have to be cleaned?
    I plan on cleaneing whatever i get just curious compared to a glock
    BTW The Fail Zero Nickel Boron finish allows my G27 to run 15K rounds without lubrication.
    Just crack it open, blow out the gunpowder, wipe it down, reload
    and continue with the killing.

BATTLE ON

Have not had any issues with my Glock 27. Accurate and reliable. Will feed reliably with my Glock 22 mags. However, it is not as concealable as similar thinner framed pistols.

The G27 was my first (and currently only) Glock. I've bought and sold other models since, but have held on to the 27. I find I like the baby Glocks the best (or at least this one). The pistol is reliable and I shoot it as good as or better than any other Glock model I've tried. I don't think Glock triggers are worth a crap, but I settled on a combination I could live with in a carry gun. That said, it's nice to have a range of trigger options to chose from and make happen with out special jigs and such. That other parts swap out just as easily is also a plus. Caliber adaptability (as Garth pointed out) is another thing I like about the G27 (or 33). The G27 is a keeper in my book.

Regards,
    Greg

Thumbs up

IMO, the G27 is one of the best CCW pistols that Glock offers.

I bought mine in 1996 as an off-duty gun. I carried it neary 95% of the time off-duty while in LE and then well into retirement after 1997 until last year when I bought my PM9.

Mine has fired litterly thousands of rounds of ammo without any problems.

About every three years or so, I swap out all of the springs and replace them with new ones.

I have recently "retired" the PM9, put it back in my safe and have gone back to the G27 for EDC.

The PM9 may be called upon for those times that I require a smaller pistol but not for EDC.

I have decided that I want 10+1 rounds of 180 gr. Win. Bonded PDX1 HP rather than 6+1 rounds of any 9mm HP.

Default More love for the G27

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    IMO, the G27 is one of the best CCW pistols that Glock offers.

I bought mine in 1996 as an off-duty gun. I carried it neary 95% of the time off-duty while in LE and then well into retirement after 1997 until last year when I bought my PM9.

Mine has fired litterly thousands of rounds of ammo without any problems.

About every three years or so, I swap out all of the springs and replace them with new ones.

I have recently "retired" the PM9, put it back in my safe and have gone back to the G27 for EDC.

The PM9 may be called upon for those times that I require a smaller pistol but not for EDC.

I have decided that I want 10+1 rounds of 180 gr. Win. Bonded PDX1 HP rather than 6+1 rounds of any 9mm HP.

+1
    Of my seven handguns the G27 is my favorite to carry.
    It's too big for a pocket gun - IMHO.
    But on a belt it's pretty unbeatable.
    Plus it's relatively accurate too - LOL!

Default Glock 27

The Glock 27 is a good choice for carry. I do have a CM9 that I throw in my pocket but I carry the 27 that way too. It depends on what you wear and the holster you use. On the belt I use a IWB Milt Sparks Summer Special II. In the pocket I use a Don Hume front pocket holster. Oh, BTW the grip work was done by Cold Bore Custom. JMTC.

"CW9 My Little Friend"