Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: MiniTuck for CW's

Default MiniTuck for CW's

I noticed a MiniTuck listed as one of the holster options for CW's on the KahrShop site.

But if you go to the CrossBreed site and look at the firearm options for the MiniTuck you'll find a little note under the "Gun" selector that lists PM's and MK's and then says: "CW and K series not recommended. See SuperTuck".

Does anyone here use a MiniTuck for a CW series Kahr? Any issues?

I second the question. This is very confusing. Which one has the best fit and retention for my CW9? Anyone carry their CW9 in a Crossbreed?
    Thanks Paul
    Proud NRA member

The super tuck works very nicely. I do not have any experiance with the mini tuck. Look here for a similar alternative to the mini tuck My CW is on my hip right now resting peacefully in one.

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

Say heck with it and go for the modular MTAC holster
    ~Mike F.
    April 19th, 1775 - when marksmanship met history, and the heritage began. Liberty, Heritage, and Marksmanship.

Are you a Rifleman or a cook? Attend an Appleseed event and discover your heritage.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Quote Originally Posted by jwr View Post
    I noticed a MiniTuck listed as one of the holster options for CW's on the KahrShop site.

But if you go to the CrossBreed site and look at the firearm options for the MiniTuck you'll find a little note under the "Gun" selector that lists PM's and MK's and then says: "CW and K series not recommended. See SuperTuck".

Does anyone here use a MiniTuck for a CW series Kahr? Any issues?
    I don't know about the CWs, but I have a Mintuck for my PM9 and I stuck my K9 in it the other day and it fits, but is slightly looser. I haven't tried it while wearing the holster, though, the PM9 is heavy enough and it's 10 ounces lighter than the K9, loaded. I still haven't gotten used to the PM9 in the Minituck, but the holster is starting to mold to my body in the ~4 o'clock position. I'm glad that I chose the horsehide. I wish that I had done that for the not-yet-received P380N. I saved $10 and used some mink oil on the back -- untested so far.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Lalmeida617 Guest

Default Crossbreed Mini Awsome

I have the crossbreed Minituck For my PM9. It is sweet I bought the horsehide one. It is the best holster ever. Nice and comfortable and it keeps the gun nice and close to your body so it doesnt print to much. As with almost any setup if you look close enough someone may be able to tell you have a gun but not in normal everyday at the store kind of stuff. I am a chubby fellow and it is hard to find a comfortable 4 or 5 o-clock holster that is nice to sit with, well this is the one to have. Well worth the money. I want one of there belts next. Also I think the reason they dont recommend the mini for the other Kahrs is the weight of them, the supertuck has a larger back to the holster and it is longer which helps to distribute the additional wieght of the all steel guns.

Howdy All

I contacted Crossbreed Holsters customer service and asded them the defrents between the Super and the Mini Tuck, witch one would have the best retintion for my CW9, stating my biggest consern was having my gun hit the floor in a public place. Here is the answer I reseved. Hope this helps anyone looking to carry a CW series.

I contacted Crossbreed Holsters customer service and asked them the different between the Super and the Mini Tuck, witch one would have the best retention for my CW9. Stating my biggest concern would be having my gun hit the floor in a public place. Here is the answer I received. And I’m very impress that the owner of the company e-mailed me personally.

The CW9 will work on ether one, if you are narrow waisted, say 32 or less go with the MiniTuck if you are 34 or up I’d go SuperTuck

You gun will not fall out, our holsters have good retention

Thanks

Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters

SureShot, thanks for making the call! CB's reply makes sense.

Thumbs up

Crossbreed...especially Mark are great to work with and have a fantastic product...I carry my XD9 Service in a Supertuck and hardly know it's there. I will be getting one for my soon to be new CW9.

j.neal Guest

I have been carrying a cw 40 in one for years. I really like it.