CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: loading +1?

Default loading +1?

Ok so i have had my kahr for over a year now. I know you have to lock slide back, insert mag and then release the slide. How do you add one more after loading, I have tried to load it normally then pull mag out and add another, but once the first round is rejected, the second round will not load it just seizes the the slide in the open position not in the locked groove. and suggestions?

it looks like the next round is blocked by a metal piece (not sure what it is called). If you are looking in from the top of the gun it is over the round on the back left side, with the gun pointing away from you of course.

I'm not following. You load the mag, drop the slide to load the chamber. Then eject the mag put another round on top and insert back in the gun.

Don't understand the seizes the slide part.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sorry, I'm not following "once the first round is rejected"?

I just drop the mag, top it off and insert back into the mag well.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by midmo View Post
    Ok so i have had my kahr for over a year now. I know you have to lock slide back, insert mag and then release the slide. How do you add one more after loading, I have tried to load it normally then pull mag out and add another, but once the first round is rejected, the second round will not load it just seizes the the slide in the open position not in the locked groove. and suggestions?
    I'm not sure I understood exactly what you mean by rejected?
    Try loading only one round into an empty mag, slide lock, eject mag then load entire thing now that you have an empty magazine again with a round already chambered. I suppose it depends on if you are just loading to go to range and shoot or if you are in habit of leaving full mags but no round chambered at home for defense purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm not following. You load the mag, drop the slide to load the chamber. Then eject the mag put another round on top and insert back in the gun.

Don't understand the seizes the slide part.
    thats right, I am at home not the range so I eject the round in the barrel after I have added one to the mag, while I eject it it should load the next round but it looks like the round is underneath the a bar that is connected to the polymer grip.[IMG]IMAG_0032[/IMG]

crap sorry i cant get the picture to show up, but is won't load the next one that is all.

Insert the loaded mag into the pistol with the slide locked back, and then release the slide with the slide lock lever to chamber a round. Then, release the magazine, top off the magazine with one more round to fill it. Now insert the full magazine into the grip. The slide should already be forward on the loaded chamber and now there is a full magazine in the grip, giving 6+1 for the CM9 or PM9.

From your confusing explanation, it sounds like you're racking the slide again after the chamber is loaded and a full magazine is inserted... yeah, this can cause problems. Ejecting an unfired round requires a robust racking of the slide and is complicated by another round feeding up from the magazine. You don't want to do that. You want a round chambered... that's the +1, then insert a fully loaded magazine... without any further racking! The metal thingy back on the left inside rear of the frame is the ejector. When you don't rack the slide robustly... as when firing the gun... things can interfere as the top round of magazine and the unfired round being pulled to the rear with the extractor.

To UNLOAD the pistol, FIRST remove the magazine, then point in a safe direction with the ejection port pointed at the ground, rack the slide briskly to eject the unfired cartridge. With the port downward, gravity helps the cartridge leave the chamber... otherwise it might fall back into the frame and hang up, or out the magazine well.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thank you, sorry i know my description was awful, I just thought there wouldn't be an issue with racking it by hand to make sure it functioned. I was curious if since the slide is not open when the mag is inserted (one is already chambered) if it would perform properly.

The way I load mine is to lock back the slide drop the mag,load 1 round insert mag drop slide, drop empty mag Load mag insert in gun. .