CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW9 vs CM9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CW9 vs CM9

Sorry if this is posted in a sticky somewhere, but can someone tell me the main differences between a CW9 and a CM9.
    - Are they both Kahr's "entry level" carry guns? Meaning they are cheaper than the P series???
    - One holds one more round and has a 1/2" longer barrel?
    - What is the point of having the two guns? One (CM9) is easier to conceal???
    Thanks,
    Looking to get rid of the p380 when it comes back and maybe get one of these.

The CW series are the value priced versions of the P series guns in 9mm, 40s&w and 45acp.

The CM series are the value priced versions of the PM series guns in 9mm and 40s&w, with 45acp coming soon.

So, a CW9 is essentially the same gun as the P9, and the CM9 is essentially the same gun as the PM9.

The differences being that the CW and CM guns have a conventional rifled barrel instead of a polygonal rifled barrel, stamped instead of roll marked engraving on the slide, less machining on the outside of the slide, a pinned plastic front sight instead of a metal sight in a dove tail, MIM instead of forged slide stop and one magazine instead of two sold with the gun. In addition, options such as black DLC finish and night sights are not offered on new CW and CM models.
    Very interesting...

Hi, I have neither gun (mine is the PM9) but from the stats I would say that the CM9 would be the better choice for pocket carry.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

The CW has a fatter grip and harder to get out of your pocket compared to a CM/PM. If you can find them at your range or gun store you need to hold them both. The CM shoots every bit as well as the PM and will hold up as well. I don't think it has the black slide as an option as does the PM.

If the CM9 had been available at the time, I would have bought that over the PM9. If they release a CM45 for CA I'll be in the market for that.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

old lincoln. I did not know that about the fatter grip on the CW series, canu tell me why that is, or are u mainly refering to it being a tad longer due to the 7 round magazne. I have held um both but I sure could not tell any differencein fatness of the grip. It is harder toget out of ones pocket but I credit that to the over all longer grip length..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I think ur right, maybe he has one of kahrs test model double stack cw9.. and is just not telling us all ...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

i shot both a cm9 and a cw9 for the first time sunday. i like the way the cw9 felt in my hand better but the cm9 carries better. its amazing how such a small size difference can make. interesting thing though, i shot the smaller cm9 better than the larger cw9. recoil wasnt bad on either weapon. i'll be carrying the cm9 in my pocket on my regular job and also when im doing photo shoots downtown. Kahr should come out with a cm version of their .380. for defensive work i think the rifled barrel is fine. i mean think about it. your spring will be wound too tight in a fight or flight situation anyway to worry about target grade accuracy. poop'n your pants spoils accuracy more than a rifled barrel as opposed to a match barrel does.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Brains View Post
    i shot both a cm9 and a cw9 for the first time sunday. i like the way the cw9 felt in my hand better but the cm9 carries better. its amazing how such a small size difference can make. interesting thing though, i shot the smaller cm9 better than the larger cw9. recoil wasnt bad on either weapon. i'll be carrying the cm9 in my pocket on my regular job and also when im doing photo shoots downtown. Kahr should come out with a cm version of their .380. for defensive work i think the rifled barrel is fine. i mean think about it. your spring will be wound too tight in a fight or flight situation anyway to worry about target grade accuracy. poop'n your pants spoils accuracy more than a rifled barrel as opposed to a match barrel does.
    Bad_Brains, funny seeing you on here. Thinking back, I don't recall you being "that" accurate with either one of those guns. :19:

I think I shot your CM9 better than either of us shot my CW9. Thinking about getting my old hack saw out, make my stock the same length as your CM9, order a CM9 magazine and calling it good. That is if someone doesn't buy mine first so I can buy one of those CM9s. May sell the CW9 and the 642 and just buy me one of them there PM9s....

I agree either barrel wouldhave made no difference to me... The way I shoot my PM9 wiht polygonal barrel is sure nothig to brag about either, . Has to be the barrel, can't be me!!!!!!!

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

ACK Bad Brains, they can't get the P380 right, I can't imagine what a CM380 would be like, I'm sure the board would be full of posts about CM380 problems.
    Maybe if they started from scratch, took their time developing it, maybe we'd have something, but I imagine they'd just slap a cheaper barrel and slide on the P380 frame and call it good.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.