Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen

Thread: PM45 Questions

Default PM45 Questions

My first Kahr was the CM9, which I have had for awhile, been very pleased with it, shoots what ever I run thru it, factory or reloads, so now, I think I am in the mood for a PM45. I have couple 1911 45's, Kimber and Colt, but really like the ease of which I can carry the CM9,just seems to disappear with just a shirt over it, and best I can tell, the PM45 is about the same size, maybe just a bit longer grip. How does it shoot, is it as reliable as the CM9, etc., any information will be appreciated. Can the same holster be used for the CM9 and PM45. Also wonder if Kahr is going to make a CM45? Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa13 View Post
    My first Kahr was the CM9, which I have had for awhile, been very pleased with it, shoots what ever I run thru it, factory or reloads, so now, I think I am in the mood for a PM45. I have couple 1911 45's, Kimber and Colt, but really like the ease of which I can carry the CM9,just seems to disappear with just a shirt over it, and best I can tell, the PM45 is about the same size, maybe just a bit longer grip. How does it shoot, is it as reliable as the CM9, etc., any information will be appreciated. Can the same holster be used for the CM9 and PM45. Also wonder if Kahr is going to make a CM45? Thanks for the info.
    The PM 45 is a tad bigger in all aspects than the CM or PM9. I have got mine in a PM9 holster but it was really too tight.
    It shoots great and mine is totally reliable. It's a great running mate to my 1911's and even uses the same magazines for spares.

I think there will be a CM45 someday, the gang predicted a CM40 and it is just now hitting the market. No idea when and nothing official but I think there will be one someday.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

How does it shoot, is it as reliable as the CM9, etc., any information will be appreciated.
    My PM45 shoots the best of my three Kahr's. Smooth and reliable. I haven't shot many other .45s, but I would find it hard to believe that there are many that shoot softer than the PM45. Maybe Bawanna coulg give some input there, as he is an expert on all things .45.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I love my COUNTRY...but I don't trust my GOVERNMENT.

I'm a true 45 fan, expert is stretching things a might. If your comfy with Kimbers and Colts and take the time to get cozy with the trigger (exactly like your CM) you'll have no problem with the PM45.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Papa,
    My first PM45 had problems, FTF, failure to strip and chamber the first round also some rounds would jam which required dropping the mag and manually ejecting the stuck round. I sent it to Kahr, when it came back it was better but I still had FTF issues. When I sent it back a second time Kahr called and told me the gun could not be made to function reliably so they sent a new PM45. This new one was 100% reliable from the first round. Kahr customer service was outstanding to work with both times. I love this gun, its relatively small, light, accurate and has mild recoil, its also very easy to conceal. My PM9 like your CM9 has been reliable from day one, I think my 45 was just so out of spec that no matter what I tried with the help of forum members we just couldnt make the gun function, neither could Kahr. I would not be afraid to buy the PM45 based on my experience, so many others have been trouble free. Hope this helps. JL

I am in the mood for a PM45
    Sounds like a Valentines Day thought there....

They take different holsters. Both fit in my front jeans pocket just fine.

Both shoot great.

I've got both! Accuracy... hate to say, I'd say the 9 has greater practical accuracy - lower recoil. Recoil on the .45 is more, but not worse than any small .45

However, I like my .45acp's to carry. And Kahr does it the best.

Now all I have to do is find one, been calling around here in Southeast Missouri and dont seem like any PM45's to be had, many 9's, but one will turn up sooner or later, or have to order one. Anyway, Thanks for all the info. Appreciate it. Rick