Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr CW9 Barrel Defect

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinLee View Post
    Here are some additional images of the off center alignment of the rounds during lockup. I am still not sure if it is worth the bummer of having to send it in... like i said, it ran for 300 rounds no issues whatsoever. And the primer strikes were all solid, despite being off center.

You can see where the shell is when the striker hits. See the outline on the face? The striker hole isn't centered. Looks right. Good idea posting that pic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    You can see where the shell is when the striker hits. See the outline on the face? The striker hole isn't centered. Looks right. Good idea posting that pic too.
    Thank you Cokeman. I posted that picture too because it showed the round alignment better than just fired brass could. I was aware that they matched up correctly, but was wondering if everyone else's CW9 breech faces looked the same. After taking a closer look at the manual, it seems to address the off centered primer strikes, indicating to me that this is probably part of the design. Which is weird to me, as they could have easily offset the firing pin hole to center it on the cartridge, rather than the breech face. Oh well, I can't complain, so far I love this little gun! And FWIW, the overall design is certainly excellent engineering. I am just a perfectionist.

I'm not real sure what you're looking at but if it helps here's some pix of mine. It's had about 1200 rounds throught it.

nice photo...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Yeah. I can see your barrel way down there.

Your picture seems to show the same spot as my barrel does. Its like they didnt finish machining the edge, on the left side of the barrel hood above the feed ramp. It is a bit jagged and sharp on mine, but function and lockup are both great.

What, no dremel drama?!!
    Diocoles
    DAV
    Life Member NRA
    VFW Member