Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote For Obama

Perhaps the "mantra" that irks me the most is "everyone should pay their fair share". You know I agree with it but feel that "fair share" would be everyone with increase/income would pay the same percentage wise. Kinda like the biblical tithing system. But hey, what does God know about being "fair"?
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    The magnanimous use of stuff taken from the rightful owners and producers to make yourself feel good is theft! And when the politicians can make laws to protect their plundering of the productive citizens... IT"S STILL PLUNDER... and NOT RIGHT. You have no RIGHT to anyone else's labor... it's the worst kind of slavery... bad for the recipient and the producer. Sooner or later there will be more demand on the producers, and fewer producers... and ever increasing death spiral of our society... as the producers give way to the dependent parasites sucking the life out of our country. Then the GOVERNMENT will be forced to make the hard choices... who do they favor with the dwindling goods and services... those old and infirm people who no longer serve a "useful" purpose... or the one's who might still contribute to the STATE. Yes, we're talking about the "death panels" who'll decide the pros and cons of continuing to provide for useless burdens to the STATE.
    Check out a real history of the Soviet Union and see how Stalin took all of the gfrain from the Ukraine and left its productive citizens to starve... some 10 million people... in one of the "breadbaskets" of the Soviet Union... because they didn't support Stalin's tyranny.
    See how Greece is faring now. It would have fallen several times before now, but for the combined European effort to keep them afloat. It is still going to fail because the leftist labor bunch doesn't want any kind of austerity... living within the means of the people's ability to support a reasonable government.
    We have our own 'experiment going" on the LEFT coast. How many think that Kalifornia will be able to remain "afloat" without Federal Government help... their usual magnanimosity of stripping the wealth from the working people in the rest of the country and allowing the madness to continue in Kalifornia??

Wynn
    My Paternal Grandfather and Grandmother escaped Ukraine just prior to WWII. Their relatives who weren't executed by the Germans were starved to death by the Russians.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    Perhaps the "mantra" that irks me the most is "everyone should pay their fair share". You know I agree with it but feel that "fair share" would be everyone with increase/income would pay the same percentage wise. Kinda like the biblical tithing system. But hey, what does God know about being "fair"?
    +1. The Fair Tax will do that.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    You got that right!

Jfootin you are exactly right...The Fair Tax is the simplest most all around sensible and fair tax system which is exactly why the Government will never let us have it...
    Last edited by getsome; 02-15-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    1. I'll vote for that. I'll even give up my deductions if everyone pays the same.

2. Then we need to get rid of everyone that is currently in Washington.

3. Also I have no problem with liberals, especially those that want to help the less fortunate. They can even come ask me for a donation and I might even donate. I like helping people with my time and money. It's the Godly thing to do.

4. I DO NOT want the government to take my donation because they cant manage what they are taking from me now. see number 2.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Frankhenrylee View Post

On another note, why don't rich people pay in the same percentage of income tax as poor folks like me? They can afford to pay their taxes a whole lot easier than I can.
    You've got to be kidding!

The top 1 percent: Americans who earned an adjusted gross income of $410,096 or more accounted for 22.8 percent of all wages. But they paid 40.4 percent of total reported income taxes, an increase from 39.9 percent in 2006, according to the IRS.

The top 5 percent: Americans who earned $160,041 or more accounted for 37.4 percent of all wages in 2007. But they paid 60.6 percent of the country's total reported income taxes, up from 60.1 percent a year earlier.

The top 10 percent: Americans who earned at least $113,018 paid 71.2 percent of the nation's income taxes, up from 70.8 percent a year earlier.

The top 25 percent: Americans who earned at least $66,532 paid 86.6 percent of the nation's income taxes, up from 86.3 percent a year earlier.

The top 50 percent: Americans who earned at least $32,879 paid 97.1 percent of the nation's income taxes, up from 97 percent a year earlier.

The bottom 50 percent: Americans who earned less than $32,879 paid 2.9 percent of the nation's income taxes, down from 3 percent a year earlier.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/income...income-tax.htm

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    1. I'll vote for that. I'll even give up my deductions if everyone pays the same.

2. Then we need to get rid of everyone that is currently in Washington.

3. Also I have no problem with liberals, especially those that want to help the less fortunate. They can even come ask me for a donation and I might even donate. I like helping people with my time and money. It's the Godly thing to do.

4. I DO NOT want the government to take my donation because they cant manage what they are taking from me now. see number 2.
    +1 ^ what he said!

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

its class warefare with obnama, never seen this country be so divided as he has made it. When 50% pay no federal taxes, how can u call anything fair to the other 50%. When we had the wpa DAYS PEOPLE WORKED BECAUSE THEY WERE PROUD not free loaders, they were down and out but they didn't want handouts. We are one step below of becoming Greece. Thowe people over there have been so used to their government taking care of them that they don't know what work is, let alone now there is no work. Being a business man for over 40 years I have seen many people come into my business years back when it was required that they get 20 signarues a week from business that state they are not employing, before they could collect unemploymjent. So many would come in with that paper and their first words to me was UR NOT HIRING ARE U? please sign this paper for me. Had I said yes I am hiring, they would have walked out. That sh-t got real old with me

I will pay my fair share of taxes any day, when it is fair to ALL. Someone should tell WarrenBuffet that at the bottom of his income tax statement is a box where he can list what he is donating to our government.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

+1...Well Done!

Quote Originally Posted by crazymailman View Post
    You've got to be kidding!

The top 1 percent: Americans who earned an adjusted gross income of $410,096 or more accounted for 22.8 percent of all wages. But they paid 40.4 percent of total reported income taxes, an increase from 39.9 percent in 2006, according to the IRS.

The top 5 percent: Americans who earned $160,041 or more accounted for 37.4 percent of all wages in 2007. But they paid 60.6 percent of the country's total reported income taxes, up from 60.1 percent a year earlier.

The top 10 percent: Americans who earned at least $113,018 paid 71.2 percent of the nation's income taxes, up from 70.8 percent a year earlier.

The top 25 percent: Americans who earned at least $66,532 paid 86.6 percent of the nation's income taxes, up from 86.3 percent a year earlier.

The top 50 percent: Americans who earned at least $32,879 paid 97.1 percent of the nation's income taxes, up from 97 percent a year earlier.

The bottom 50 percent: Americans who earned less than $32,879 paid 2.9 percent of the nation's income taxes, down from 3 percent a year earlier.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/income...income-tax.htm