Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr CW9 Front Frame Rail Question

no way, that front frame rails is one peace inbedded in the polymer. U did nothing to do it ..

I think the best thing for u do to as u are very skeptical of what I or anyone is telling u is to send those photos to kahr and let them tell you . They may indeed want to see the gun, we are all just speculating and like I posted earlier. my view is that it is within spec. I think u need to hear it from the horse mouth, whether u go along wth wha tthey tellu, is going to be ur decision. U know if it ain'
    t broke , don't fix it.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinLee View Post
    Just a theory: during the 300 round break in, I shot 3 to 4 mags rapid fire, and the barrel got pretty hot to the touch. Nothing unreasonable, but while firing, my off hand thumb rides along the dust cover. Maybe the combination of heat and pressure is to blame?
    Maybe that's what happended to mine to. Just for practice a few times I've gone though 3 mags as fast as I can. Keeping the paper hanging back at a steady 45 degree angle from the muzzle blast. The gun is so hot I won't put it in the case for 15 minutes because I'm afraid it'll melt the lining. You never know when it might come in handy.

I absolutely love this gun.

Just a thought. My only experience is with the dust cover of a Glock 34, and I am sure you know how that story goes...

In any case, there must be a bit of variation in the front rail fit from gun to gun. Obviously it doesn't affect reliability, and seeing as many other folks' CW9 dustcover favors the left rail, it is probably normal. I just like to hear you all confirm this fact, more than anything.

It's going to take a major malfunction or parts breakage before I would call Kahr about it. I would be more inclined to avoid contacting them, unless I absolutely have to. Besides, I can just bug you all about it...

You could go to the LGS and look at the new Kahrs they have to make a comparison.

Last night I thought I'd give a better look to the fit of the slide to the forward guide rails when the slide is all the way back. To make it easier I removed the recoil spring and put the slide back on.

NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! I thought I'd never get the slide back off.

But yes, mine is offset to the left just like the OP when in full recoil. When the slide is in the forward position it's centered.

we are not authorities on kahrs but we have guys here that know them pretty damn well and shot um like they stole um. One never errors in coming on here with a question or anything. This is not a glock talk where u might get ur ass kicked for asking maybe a stupid question. All questions here get answered and 99% are answered in a polite way IF u come on here with the right attitufe . It works both ways, ur concern AlbinLee being an engineer is noted to. I think most all answered it as best as tey could and for me Ijust tend to go with IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.....
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Just had my frame replaced due to a broken front guide rail.
    Only 2 reported in the last ten years.

My new one is all original but with a new frame and s/n and looks like yours.

My rails are just backward from the OPs in that the other side appears looser, but the function is flawless.

Put about 70+ rounds through it this past weekend and not single failure.

Did a detailed strip and no noticable wear on frame, slide or guide rails.
    And I did check the rails under my magnifier eyes.

P.S. Customer service/turnaround and other things were A+.
    Diocoles
    DAV
    Life Member NRA
    VFW Member

Diocoles, glad to hear you had the frame replaced without issue. As an update to this thread, I thought I should mention that I picked up a brand new Kahr CW9 at my local gun show this weekend, and inspected the front end alignment. It looked identical to mine, with the muzzle favoring the left rail. My concerns have been mostly eliminated at this point, it seems standard to have variation.