Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qualifying with a Kahr under LEOSA.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Qualifying with a Kahr under LEOSA.

Does anyone else qualify with a Kahr under LEOSA?
    My PM9 is one of the two guns I qualify with under LEOSA yearly. I prefer to carry the PM9 when we travel out of state, due to it's size and weight.

retiredbuck Guest

Thumbs up

I havn't qualified with my E9 but I will. My last qualification was just 2 weeks ago with an issue glock 17. Retired Officers are only required to qualify once a year so it will be a while.

My last qualification was April and the CW40 was there.

I'm not quite there yet but two of my already retired buddies have qualified this past year with their Kahrs (P9 and PM9). When my time comes I'll definitely be shooting my PM9, if I don't have one of the 45's by then.

I qualify with my PM9 for LEOSA yearly (retired). No sweat!

yukonb Guest

I qualify with a PM9 yearly with no problems. This Year I also qualified with my LCP.

I have quite some time before I retire, 22 years, or who knows when the contracts change again. I have to qualify with my off duties every year and for the past two it has been a XD40, sub comp and I have no issues this year I decided that I needed something smaller for the summer and just qualified with a P380, which after some tweaking today is running great! I too have to shoot out to 25 yards and had no issues hitting the CM-5 with the P380, missed one round out of the shadded area, shoulder hit. But with a 2.5 inch barrell and not a whole lot of rounds through it I can't complain!

we qualify quaterly and yearly when i retire in 18 months, I have a pm45 and p380 with no problems!

I thought that you only had to qual with the "type" of weapon under LEOSA - semi auto or revolver. One semi auto qual is good for all semi's. So if I qual with my P2000, then my K40 should be fine. Am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    I thought that you only had to qual with the "type" of weapon under LEOSA - semi auto or revolver. One semi auto qual is good for all semi's. So if I qual with my P2000, then my K40 should be fine. Am I correct?
    It is the "type", semi-auto or revolver.
    I carry what I qualify with, G26 or PM9, but on vacation if we're in a state that doesn't recognize Indiana's license I'll also carry the wife's .380 until she can again.