CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qualifying with a Kahr under LEOSA.

Default Qualifying with a Kahr under LEOSA.

Does anyone else qualify with a Kahr under LEOSA?
    My PM9 is one of the two guns I qualify with under LEOSA yearly. I prefer to carry the PM9 when we travel out of state, due to it's size and weight.

retiredbuck Guest

Thumbs up

I havn't qualified with my E9 but I will. My last qualification was just 2 weeks ago with an issue glock 17. Retired Officers are only required to qualify once a year so it will be a while.

My last qualification was April and the CW40 was there.

I'm not quite there yet but two of my already retired buddies have qualified this past year with their Kahrs (P9 and PM9). When my time comes I'll definitely be shooting my PM9, if I don't have one of the 45's by then.

I qualify with my PM9 for LEOSA yearly (retired). No sweat!

yukonb Guest

I qualify with a PM9 yearly with no problems. This Year I also qualified with my LCP.

OLD SOLDIER Guest

Default Qualifying with A Kahr

Our Dept. doesn't recoginze the Kahr as an authorized weapon to carry on or off duty. I have an early model blued P9 that I keep at home. It is a good weapon, just not authorized by our powers that be. Our Dept. has almost 2,000 officers.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD SOLDIER View Post
    Our Dept. doesn't recognize the Kahr as an authorized weapon to carry on or off duty. I have an early model blued P9 that I keep at home. It is a good weapon, just not authorized by our powers that be. Our Dept. has almost 2,000 officers.

Has your dept. said why they don't recognize Kahr's? If you're still active, your dept. may well be able to tell you which firearm you can carry under dept. policy. As for retirees, 926C speaks of the "same type" of firearm that can be carried by the retiree, not make or model.
    How this was explained to me was if you qualify with a semi-auto pistol, you can carry any semi-auto pistol. Same with revolvers. I know some departments have said they don't recognize certain firearms or calibers,which I don't understand since the dept. is under no liability for qualifing a retiree. Of course it may not be worth it to push the issue. JMO

Not retired yet (18 years in) but my back-up and off-duty is a PM9, however I would be hard pressed if I were retired to NOT have my PM9 with me. It's the 21st century j-frame (for those of us old enough to remember those!)

On a side note; my BUG for years was a j-frame which was kept until it was replaced by my PM9

Quote Originally Posted by Norfdet View Post
    Not retired yet (18 years in) but my back-up and off-duty is a PM9, however I would be hard pressed if I were retired to NOT have my PM9 with me. It's the 21st century j-frame (for those of us old enough to remember those!)

On a side note; my BUG for years was a j-frame which was kept until it was replaced by my PM9
    I carried a S&W 342 as a backup and off duty for years and after I retired, until I bought my PM9 in 2005. The thing about the PM9 is it's small, lightweight but yet I don't feel like I'm giving up anything because of it's size.
    One thing I really liked right away was the 7 rounds and a extra mag. in the pocket vs. 5 rounds.