Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Qualifying with a Kahr under LEOSA.

I used to carry a S&W J-frame as a BUG at my old department. My new department has a different qual course (same as for full-sized duty guns) and I couldn't qualify with my J-frame. Switched to a PM9 and have no problems qualifying now.

My department requires you to qualify with secondary/back ups out to 25 yards. My CW45 prints at 2" if I do my part.

Qualified "possible" with my PM9 and down one with a G30sf

I like my "little" gun a lot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    My department requires you to qualify with secondary/back ups out to 25 yards. My CW45 prints at 2" if I do my part.
    Hello all.
    Same here out to 25yrds. I usually shoot a 100 with my BUG/offduty CW-9. She's a shooter .

Default damn

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    2" at 25 yards is awesome. As much as I shoot even I think I would have a hard time putting all my rounds in the FBI "Q" target at 25 yards. I really commend any shooter if he can keep um allin that target at 25 yards with a Kahr PM9 or CW series even.

hello all. my primary weapon while working is a glock 21 with 230 gr gold dots.while my bsack up carried in an outer vest cover is a kel tec p11. off duty ill either carry my sig p239 or kahr pm45- which i havent had for a while dure to sending it off to have it coated in the ionbond finish.

Well, I have 4 years and 99 days to go (but who's counting, right? ), but my PM40 is definately one I'm thinking of doing the retired qual course with. My department hasn't specified a "retired" course yet and most opinions are we'll use the standard 50 round duty course. In the end it'll depend on what our Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission says we have to use.

My PM40 has express sights so my groups won't be quite as impressive from the 25 yard line, but hey, so long as I have the paper saying "qualified" right?

Between my PM40 and my Kel-Tec P3AT I think I'll be covered for retirement plans. Of course, knowing me, I might just show up on requalification day with a case full o'pistols. I tend to do that now on BUG/OD day.

I have quite some time before I retire, 22 years, or who knows when the contracts change again. I have to qualify with my off duties every year and for the past two it has been a XD40, sub comp and I have no issues this year I decided that I needed something smaller for the summer and just qualified with a P380, which after some tweaking today is running great! I too have to shoot out to 25 yards and had no issues hitting the CM-5 with the P380, missed one round out of the shadded area, shoulder hit. But with a 2.5 inch barrell and not a whole lot of rounds through it I can't complain!

we qualify quaterly and yearly when i retire in 18 months, I have a pm45 and p380 with no problems!

I thought that you only had to qual with the "type" of weapon under LEOSA - semi auto or revolver. One semi auto qual is good for all semi's. So if I qual with my P2000, then my K40 should be fine. Am I correct?