Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Qualifying with a Kahr under LEOSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    I thought that you only had to qual with the "type" of weapon under LEOSA - semi auto or revolver. One semi auto qual is good for all semi's. So if I qual with my P2000, then my K40 should be fine. Am I correct?
    It is the "type", semi-auto or revolver.
    I carry what I qualify with, G26 or PM9, but on vacation if we're in a state that doesn't recognize Indiana's license I'll also carry the wife's .380 until she can again.

You are correct Obiwan. The law only says the handgun you carry be the same type. I qualified this past June with a Glock m23, but I don't always carry it. I rotate my carry, depending on the weather. Here in central Texas, my warm weather carry is my Kimber Ultra Covert, .45acp. I plan to carry my new Kahr 9094N PM9, once it is broken in. My cold weather carry is the Glock, or my Sig Sauer P229 all blue Gen 2, in .357 sig. Gold Dots in all. I am retired, so I am not as restricted.

viclava Guest

Default LEO in WA. State

18 years and still plugging along. Carry Glock 21 on duty, but carry my CW45 with night sights off duty. I'm required to qualify with my back-up/off-duty only once a year, but I shoot it almost every qualification. There sure isn't many options for holsters and this gun. If anyone has any suggestions, it will be much appreciated.

If anyone cares, We carry the Winchester Ranger +P 230 GR. SXT, formerly known as Black Talons. I also carry these in my Kahr.

Cheers,

SL

We also carry the Winchester SXT's. I think they chose it mostly cause it seems to be the hardest to get locally. It's on the state contract also which might be why you carry it as well at our dept.
    Why all the state contract ammo comes from California has always made me laugh.
    What side the mountains you on there viclava? I'm in Monroe, for how long remains to be seen. Lots of funny things happening around here lately.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nystagmus Guest

My Dept. just started issuing PM9's as on-duty back up guns. If/when you are issued one, you are required to carry it.

p.s. I love it !!!

Default that

Quote Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
    My Dept. just started issuing PM9's as on-duty back up guns. If/when you are issued one, you are required to carry it.

p.s. I love it !!!
    is a big score for kahr, IMO.:israel:
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

qual every year with it

Qualified 2 weeks ago with my PF9 for off duty. Gotta love those nice sights.

Under LEOSA-retired this sums up what I researched: "In addition to carrying the photographic identification issued by the agency for which they were employed or were separated, the qualified retired law enforcement officer must also carry documentation which certifies that they have met, within the most recent twelve month period, the active duty law enforcement standards for qualification for a firearm of the same type as the one they intend to carry.
    The standard the qualified retired law enforcement officer must meet is that of his former agency, that of the State in which he resides, or in the absence of State standards—or the recognition thereof—the standards of any law enforcement agency in the State in which the qualified retired law enforcement officer and the certified firearms instructor resides.
    This document which certifies that the qualified retired law enforcement officer has met the standards described above must be issued by the retired officer’s former agency, by the State in which he lives, or by a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State
    In Iowa the agency which sets the standard (ILEA) told me they did not care what you qualified with, they saw no need to qual with multiple pistols/revolvers.
    I've used G23 and G36. Did not have a Kahr at the time.
    Richard

The quoted text came from http://www.fop.net/legislative/issue...8/hr218faq.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Norfdet View Post
    Not retired yet (18 years in) but my back-up and off-duty is a PM9, however I would be hard pressed if I were retired to NOT have my PM9 with me. It's the 21st century j-frame (for those of us old enough to remember those!)

On a side note; my BUG for years was a j-frame which was kept until it was replaced by my PM9
    The same for me. I also have 18 years in. I love my PM9. I have my S & W 442 up for sale.