Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Off Leash Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    Funny thing is, he has gotten out of the back yard a couple of times, along with the other two dogs

and I take every precaution to keep him for the general public.
    ????
    Seems to me your dog is a serious accident waiting to happen. A dog that will attack someone after getting out of your yard is very dangerous not to mention a HUGE liability for you and one of the reasons people feel the need to carry pepper spray and guns. Sure he can be an attack dog at your house but if he attacks someone outside your house......look out

Get a Black Lab. We had one while I was a student at USD. If you met him off leash, your biggest danger was being delayed on your way to class by the puppy with the soulful eyes who wanted to be petted and a chance lick you hand.

However, he sure could bark up a storm when you came in the door of our small house off campus . . . until one of us shook you hand or provided some other signal that you were an honored guest. Then you had to be on the lookout for Mr. Affection.

When we brought a date home, he often tested her sense of humor, usually visiting his water bowl before laying his head in her lap hoping to be petted. The keepers were the ladies who could handle a wet lap with dignity.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Labs totally rock. I've had a few, darn good dogs every one of them. Always wanted a yellow but always got a black. Still a darn good dog.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Had two yellow labs, just noi better companion and huntjer. My labs were the best waterflow dogs in the 6 county area, People knew their reputation but I worked my ass off training them to. They worked to the whistle perfectly and my bi yellow block head lab was the best dove dog I have ever seen. One reason I really bougyht th yellow labs even was that I knew I woulduse them alot fo dove jhunting and in corn fields or millow feilds he just blended in. I sure miss um both to, they served me well, I took care of them like my kids and they were protecrtive of my property but loving to any kid whether I was around or not. They seemked toknow adult assholes from you nbg kids. They got old with e and that was a good thing as I hunted mostley by myself and they were my talking companions. My labs both could hear when I clicked off my safety on my Model 37 Ithaca and they knew something was in the sky nearby. Damn I could go on and on.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My girlfriend has a yellow Lab. He is a well mannered & very friendly soul. The only thing you have to watch out for is that ball bat of a tail! She brings him to my house to rough neck with my Weimaraners. God, they get rough!

are describing the dog or ur girlfriend, just askin!!!
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I assume we in this esteemed group would never agree on the best breed so I'll not try to sway you toward German Shepherds.

But they are ;-)

I'll bet we can agree that this http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2012/results/bis/ would not be our collective choice. Not that there is anything wrong with small furry - uh - I mean WTF is that thing?

There were are at least four finalists: GSD, Dobie, Dalmation, and Irish Setter that could have eaten that Pekingese in one gulp.

Not that there is anything wrong with Pekingese.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ptoemmes View Post
    I assume we in this esteemed group would never agree on the best breed so I'll not try to sway you toward German Shepherds.

But they are ;-)

I'll bet we can agree that this http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2012/results/bis/ would not be our collective choice. Not that there is anything wrong with small furry - uh - I mean WTF is that thing?

There were are at least four finalists: GSD, Dobie, Dalmation, and Irish Setter that could have eaten that Pekingese in one gulp.

Not that there is anything wrong with Pekingese.

Pete
    I nearly fainted, last year or the year before a Beagle won best over all at Westminster. Obviously not any where near the blood line of the beagle I got. I think I got one without a fully functioning brain. First dog in my life I paid money for. Wife and kids got it, just brought it home. Friendly, nice looking shorter version but not too equipped in the thinking department.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

well i would say bawanna ur beagle and u ar enow on the same path of funtionalit!!! Just sayin.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Friendly, nice looking shorter version but not too equipped in the thinking department.
    Oh, I don't know. Seems to have figured out how to get you to offer food and water every day.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland