CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Leash Dogs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No problem.
    Just like the majority on here. It's a wonder how some of use made it this far.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Fortunately I've learned when to keep my mouth shut or I'd still be in first grade and sitting on the convent steps after school.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

The difference comes with the .40 being expected to cause death or serious bodily injury, and the other two are not expected to do so. Part of the reasoning also is that the trainers are showing that you can continue to fight, and function, albeit at a reduced capability. Let me ask this, if a suspect is talking to a police officer and the suspect has a can of OC spray, is the officer justified in using deadly force (shooting) against the suspect? It has to do with levels of force and since OC is actually lower on the scale than punches and joint locks why wouldn't an agency expose their officers to the effects? Remember that everyone in that area will get some burny skin eyes etc. regardless of how well OC is applied?
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

OK now I got it. I made a statement and was educated why my attitiude was incorrect. Thanks for the edification. And thank you for not roasting me in the process.

To answer the question if a BGT has pep spray should the cop shoot him? Amswer: In my world if the LEO commands the BG to drop it and he does not--yes the LEO can use lethal force. I also feel that a LEO can use lethal force if you take a swing at them too. Funny when I was growing up, you always followed instruction a LEO gave and you never had the right to touch them much less swing at them or spray them with pep spray. If you have a problem with a LEO, do what you are told to do then tell it to the judge. It used to be, according to vet cops I interact with, when a LEO rolled up on a scene everyone froze. Now everyone runs for their weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    OK now I got it. I made a statement and was educated why my attitiude was incorrect. Thanks for the edification. And thank you for not roasting me in the process.

To answer the question if a BGT has pep spray should the cop shoot him? Amswer: In my world if the LEO commands the BG to drop it and he does not--yes the LEO can use lethal force. I also feel that a LEO can use lethal force if you take a swing at them too. Funny when I was growing up, you always followed instruction a LEO gave and you never had the right to touch them much less swing at them or spray them with pep spray. If you have a problem with a LEO, do what you are told to do then tell it to the judge. It used to be, according to vet cops I interact with, when a LEO rolled up on a scene everyone froze. Now everyone runs for their weapons.
    We got a bingo right here. We've created a generation with little to no respect for a badge or a uniform. Cop so much as looks at somebody and they scream your violating their civil rights. Everythings a test.
    I get sick to my stomach with the Open Carriers saying they need to educate the cops.
    It will only get worse.

Law Enforcement- one of the few jobs where you can do everything right and still get fired and your career ended on the whims of others. Make no mistake, there are some cops who really shouldn't be but by and large they walk around with a huge target on their back and put up with a truck load of crap every single day that just would not have flown even 15 years ago.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    We got a bingo right here. We've created a generation with little to no respect for a badge or a uniform. Cop so much as looks at somebody and they scream your violating their civil rights. Everythings a test.
    I get sick to my stomach with the Open Carriers saying they need to educate the cops.
    It will only get worse.

Law Enforcement- one of the few jobs where you can do everything right and still get fired and your career ended on the whims of others. Make no mistake, there are some cops who really shouldn't be but by and large they walk around with a huge target on their back and put up with a truck load of crap every single day that just would not have flown even 15 years ago.
    AMEN!!!! Don't even get me started on the disrespect LEO get in this society today. Let's just say that as a future LEOW my attitude has changed overnight to the disrespect and I'm likely to start going off on that subject, but I'll leave that to vent on my LEOW forums....

If you did carry a shotshell revolver and fired it into the ground to scare the dog away, would you get arrested like that feller in New Hampshire or wherever it was?
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by thetmanski View Post
    If you did carry a shotshell revolver and fired it into the ground to scare the dog away, would you get arrested like that feller in New Hampshire or wherever it was?
    Probably. The dog owner would probably be the one to call it in as well. Frighten their charging dog instead of killing it, and they would respond by putting your ass in jail.

NRA Life Member

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

NRA Life Member