CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brand New mk40 50rnds Barrel Plating Flaking

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    "The way the warranty is set up is that the customer pays for return shipping to us and we pay for the repair and return shipping back them.

I would bet 90% of the owners on this forumn that ahve had issues, that kahr paid to pick it up. You not doubt got a email from someone without any authority to say what to do also.
    So if Kahr has a tough time controlling their customer service personnel, what does it say about their QC? If, as your post suggest, 10% pay for their own shipping, is 90% a good success rate for a $700+ gun?

To their credit, Kahr did make it right, but I do expect a "teensy weensy" bit more from a company charging that kind of money.

So do you work for Kahr?

I just received the right replacement barrel from kahr. The barrels looks used and has been shot, it also has wear marks on the outside. It also has the same flaking problem as my first barrel and I havemt even shot it yet. What gives with their customer service? Who do I need to talk to at kahr to actually get help.

They probably removed it from an assembled gun in the factory which gets test fired after production.

I'll still take it for $100 shipped to my ffl if you include the flaking barrel
    ~Mike F.
    April 19th, 1775 - when marksmanship met history, and the heritage began. Liberty, Heritage, and Marksmanship.

Are you a Rifleman or a cook? Attend an Appleseed event and discover your heritage.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Just got another barrel, the fourth to be exact. 80 rounds through it and it is already flaking.