Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what ya think??.

I got my PM 9 in June. Glad I did. I do not like the new features, especially all those words on the top of the slide.

I REALLY don't like the way the safety works. It should be the opposite (up for safe, down for fire) like pretty much every other frame-mounted semi-auto safety in existance. Moving your thumb in a downward motion can be a natural move and part of the drawing motion - moving it up and then down isn't as easy.

Default I think

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    I REALLY don't like the way the safety works. It should be the opposite (up for safe, down for fire) like pretty much every other frame-mounted semi-auto safety in existance. Moving your thumb in a downward motion can be a natural move and part of the drawing motion - moving it up and then down isn't as easy.
    witht he location of the safety, you just might be suprised at how easy it to work. I would like to think kahr did not flip a coin in their decision as how the safety should work. Until one has a chance to really test it out, proabably we are all just "guessing" what is best. I could if need be live witht he safety, not being a LEO I can use maybe some features to assure safety, YMMV but I just hate that butt butt ugle printing on top of the slide alone with that to me unnecessary loaded round indicator. More than like both was a must in order to get Massachusetts approval. Kahr won't drop what is working and selling for them either. The standard version kahrs will be here, but I also feel that down the road we will possable see more versions of this Massachusette gun. PM40, PM45 comes to mind. I don't forsee it in the steel versions....

I have got to agree, I like the Kahr guns the way they are. I like the idea that I don't have to think about the safety latch in a time of adrenalin flow. I know when I have been hunting, which is nowhere near as exciting as being confronted with an attacker, I have forgotten to flip the safety before trying to pull the trigger. It happens when you do not practice almost everyday, and when defense situations are not part of your job. I like that my Kahr is loaded and ready if I need it for protection to save a life, and I am not fiddling with added things to be able to shoot. I know there are lots of people who would disagree, but I have friends who are in law enforcement, and in heated situations they have caught themselves with issues with getting the first shot off. It happens, and the less one has to think about, the more they can concentrate on what is happening in front of them - IMO.

thats why glocks are in 65% of all LEO departments. Nothing to think about except pulling and shooting. Also why kahrs are so acceptable to LEO'S ofr BUG. I read where the Chicago police dept has ok'ed the carry of kahrs for BUG..

I think the Kahr with the safety and LCI is an abomination.

I hope Justin Moon was on vacation with no cell phone coverage when the drawings and approval were sent to manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    thats why glocks are in 65% of all LEO departments. Nothing to think about except pulling and shooting. Also why kahrs are so acceptable to LEO'S ofr BUG. I read where the Chicago police dept has ok'ed the carry of kahrs for BUG..
    Yes Sir! That is why my three most used guns are my Kahrs, Glock G27, and S&W M&P 9mm. Just point and shoot!
    Ruger Super Single Six
    Dan Wesson 357 Mag Revolver, with 6" & 3" barrels
    Kahr P45
    S&W M&P 9mm w/CT Grip
    Kel-Tec P-3AT w/CT Laser
    Glock G27 w/CT Grip
    Kahr PM9094 w/CT Laser
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    I have got to agree, I like the Kahr guns the way they are. I like the idea that I don't have to think about the safety latch in a time of adrenalin flow. I know when I have been hunting, which is nowhere near as exciting as being confronted with an attacker, I have forgotten to flip the safety before trying to pull the trigger. It happens when you do not practice almost everyday, and when defense situations are not part of your job. I like that my Kahr is loaded and ready if I need it for protection to save a life, and I am not fiddling with added things to be able to shoot. I know there are lots of people who would disagree, but I have friends who are in law enforcement, and in heated situations they have caught themselves with issues with getting the first shot off. It happens, and the less one has to think about, the more they can concentrate on what is happening in front of them - IMO.
    Bravo!

Why have a weapon if you can not fire immediately upon need with no action beyond pressing the trigger?

We are trained to never touch the trigger until you have a target you intend to put a round into. That is safety enough, in my very un-humble opinion.

Default ur

Quote Originally Posted by dollarguy View Post
    Bravo!

Why have a weapon if you can not fire immediately upon need with no action beyond pressing the trigger?

We are trained to never touch the trigger until you have a target you intend to put a round into. That is safety enough, in my very un-humble opinion.

probably right but I bet there are some people who train with a safety type gun who can get off that first round as fast as most of us can with nothing. Kahr is not going to ram this model up our asses either, They know what sells, they made a decision to get more business down the road. I see nothing wrong with that. No one has to buy it either and that will further send them a message to keep what is working. I sold guns for a living for 40years and we pushed glocks heavily back then due to reliability etc, but I had some people who would not buy it PERIOD due to no REAL safety externally.They thought as many still do that that trigger safety was pure B.S.

Stick shift vs. auto tranny. make um both, sell um what they want..

I see this as a good thing if it helps people who cannot otherwise acquire a Kahr Arms pistol. Think about it. Just because a pistol has a manual safety, it doesn't mean it needs to be used. This is especially true of pistols that were designed to exclude a manual safety. The California Edition of the Seecamp LWS 32 has a manual safety, which is at the top of the trigger:

It's there merely to satisfy strange laws that affect the ability to purchase firearms. The same could be said of S&W's built-in lock. Several of my S&W revolvers have this lock, and I have not once actuated it.

As for the slide, well good thing that Kahr Arms sells slides separately.

Releasing the PM9193 is a way for Kahr Arms to test the waters for markets that require these, um, features.