Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kahr PM9 mag issue

Thanks. I also tested a bunch of different types and weights in my pm9 and PM45's . In 9, I found Hornaday TAP the softies shooting. I went with HST in both 9 and 45 partially because could not tell a big difference and I got a great deal on case lots of the HST.

The "expansion slits" in the bullet are different in the HST 147 than the 124. Appears their was some thought in the design of the 147 not "just make it heavier".

Thank you for your post very helpful.

Had my PM9 since 2004. Series after barrel recall. Never had a problem with rounds falling out of six round mags. I carried the extra mag loose in a pocket.
    The seven round mags dumped rounds. I ordered extra six round mags and two extra recoil assemblies when prices were good. Still carry that same PM9 daily. Use HST 147 grains in it..
    Last edited by badge4436; 03-26-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: More detail.

Shot my new PM9 for the first time on Sunday. 250 total without a single issue except that the 6 round mag that came with the gun failed to hold the slide open on the last round probably 95 percent of the time. I brought 3 other 6 round mags with me that I bought from some online retailer. All three worked flawlessly. I plan to check the other two mags that came with the gun this weekend. Anyone experience this before? Anyone know if Kahr will swap/replace the mag? I plan on asking them just wanted to get a little heads up if possible. Thanks.