Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM9 mag issue

Default Kahr PM9 mag issue

I just recently picked up my first Kahr. The gun was built in 2006. A guy bought it, never shot it, and put it on consignment at my local shop. I fired over 200 rounds through it with 0 malfunctions. The problem is this. I pulled my spare 6 round mag out of its pouch, and three rounds had fallen out of the mag. I read where this is common. Honestly, it is a bit disheartening. I'm going to contact Kahr about the issue. I was curious though, if it's still an on going problem?. Guess I'll have to carry the mag upside down, rounds facing up. I really like the gun and it was a replacement for my Kel-Tec PF9.

Having a hard time imagining how 3 rounds "fell out" yet the magazine functions ok in the gun?

What model?

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman507 View Post
    Having a hard time imagining how 3 rounds "fell out" yet the magazine functions ok in the gun?

What model?
    It's a PM9. I ran 100 + rounds through both mags at the range. Went to take the mag out of the pouch and could feel the rounds in the bottom, and sure enough. I'm completely dumbfounded myself.

Default u must

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Patriot View Post
    I just recently picked up my first Kahr. The gun was built in 2006. A guy bought it, never shot it, and put it on consignment at my local shop. I fired over 200 rounds through it with 0 malfunctions. The problem is this. I pulled my spare 6 round mag out of its pouch, and three rounds had fallen out of the mag. I read where this is common. Honestly, it is a bit disheartening. I'm going to contact Kahr about the issue. I was curious though, if it's still an on going problem?. Guess I'll have to carry the mag upside down, rounds facing up. I really like the gun and it was a replacement for my Kel-Tec PF9.
    have one baggy ass pouch for 3 rounds to fall out. I have a 6 round mag in a nylon pouch and I defy one round to even try to fall out. What do u think kahr is going to tell u???? u put 200 perfect round sthrough it with no issues. just go out and buy a better mag pouch. Wow!!

did u try the other magazinein the pouch to see if it does the same thing. If it does then IMO LIVE WITH IT. If it doesn't then send the other mag backif u think it is bad. Considereing ur PM9 only comes with one 6 round mag from the factory, I am assuming this is a spare mag thefella bought also. there should ahve been a 7 round extended magazinein this "new" gun box along with the 6 round flush fit mag. Did u test to seeif this one magazine also works perfect in ur PM9? If it does, again I say LIVE WITH IT.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    have one baggy ass pouch for 3 rounds to fall out. I have a 6 round mag in a nylon pouch and I defy one round to even try to fall out. What do u think kahr is going to tell u???? u put 200 perfect round through it with no issues. just go out and buy a better mag pouch. Wow!!

did u try the other magazine the pouch to see if it does the same thing. If it does then IMO LIVE WITH IT. If it doesn't then send the other mag backif u think it is bad. Considering ur PM9 only comes with one 6 round mag from the factory, I am assuming this is a spare mag thefella bought also. there should ahve been a 7 round extended magazine this "new" gun box along with the 6 round flush fit mag. Did u test to seeif this one magazine also works perfect in ur PM9? If it does, again I say LIVE WITH IT.
    The pouch is just big enough for the mag to fit. It also has a velcro loop, so the magazine does not flop around. Also, yes it is the 6 round mag. I use the 7 round mag as my main mag with the 6 round being back up. I tested both mags at the range, maybe if you would actually read what I previously wrote. I have not had a chance to carry the 7 round mag in the pouch as I just noticed it earlier today. I have never had this issue with any mag from any other manufacture. I have read elsewhere of people who have had rounds fall out of mags as well. I'm not new to shooting or guns. Don't try to talk down to me like I'm an idiot. I came here seeking information, not to get into flame wars with internet commandos.

I always have rounds popping out of my magazines, either when in my pocket, or when being pulled from a magazine holster.

The feed lips just don't hold the rounds in place. I have no issues with FTFs when shooting.

I only have problems with the 7-round magazines... but that's probably because the 6-round is always in the magazine well!

Quote Originally Posted by OldrSlowrSGT View Post
    I always have rounds popping out of my magazines, either when in my pocket, or when being pulled from a magazine holster.

The feed lips just don't hold the rounds in place. I have no issues with FTFs when shooting.

I only have problems with the 7-round magazines... but that's probably because the 6-round is always in the magazine well!
    Thank you for an honest response.

I carry the six in my PM-9 for better concealment. I had the seven in my front left and it too would drop 2-3 rounds during the day. I now carry two mags in a Recluse double leather pocket holster in my back left pocket, and I have yet to lose a round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiehtan View Post
    I carry the six in my PM-9 for better concealment. I had the seven in my front left and it too would drop 2-3 rounds during the day. I now carry two mags in a Recluse double leather pocket holster in my back left pocket, and I have yet to lose a round.
    Thank you.

Want to trade your six round for another seven round?