Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM9 mag issue

Somebody here, I'm thinking maybe Old Lincoln had this issue and carefully took a pair of pliers and tweaked the feed lips just a tad and cured the issue. They kind of open up towards the front and if you bend them just slightly more towards parallel they will hold the front of the cartridge a little more secure.

Several mentioned having a mag pouch that follows the angle of the top of the mag is beneficial as well. Most mag pouches are cut that way, at least the ones I've seen.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Somebody here, I'm thinking maybe Old Lincoln had this issue and carefully took a pair of pliers and tweaked the feed lips just a tad and cured the issue. They kind of open up towards the front and if you bend them just slightly more towards parallel they will hold the front of the cartridge a little more secure.

Several mentioned having a mag pouch that follows the angle of the top of the mag is beneficial as well. Most mag pouches are cut that way, at least the ones I've seen.
    I think I may try a mag pouch from Kahrs website.

Quote Originally Posted by knash33 View Post
    Want to trade your six round for another seven round?
    I have purchased 2 extra seven round mags, then I found out 8 round mags were available and bought two of those. I contacted Kahr and they said I could ship them my three seven seven round mags an they would exchange them for one six round and two more 8 round mags. That way I will have two sets of my carry set up, one 6 round in the gun and two 8s in my pocket. I can use the extra set for range time, that way I don't have to load and unload my carry mags.

PM9, P9 magazines... rounds will pop, one at a time. A form fitting pouch, holding that first round in place, is the key.

Those of you using mag pouches... do you lose any rounds when removing the magazine from the pouch? Have you tried pulling the magazine out for a rapid reload without dropping rounds?

I did an IDPA practice with my K9... never again until I get the magazines corrected. I was using a belt mounted kydex double magazine holder, and I couldn't get the magazine into the well without dropping rounds... can you say "procedural?"

For carry, I now stuff two magazines into my pocket... and every time I use the facilities, I refill my magazines from the bottom of my pocket.

I read about this round popping out thing before I bought my mag pouch. The one I bought is very a stiff clip on single mag by Desantis. Never had a problem. I notice when unloading the mags the rounds do come out easily. Seems like they are better in the gun for feeding the gun than for storing reloads.

Default 6 round magazine issues

200 rounds thru CM9. Absolutely no failures of any kind. Noticed on my last 25 rounds or so, the mag does not fall freely but must be pulled out to reload. It releases about 1/2 in. but will not fall even if you shake it. I inspected the mag for cracks, splits etc. and it looks normal. I have read about issues with the 7 round mag. I have used my 7 rnd for about 25 rounds and have no problems with feed or release, but when I put the 6 rnd back in, it does not release unless you pull it out.

Any ideas?

Some have had success squeezing the very top of the mag up near the feed lips with a vise or pliers. Very carefully. Doesn't take much.

Might also check the mag well and make sure there's no slivers or molding left overs gumming up the works. If one mag drops and the other don't, it's the mag and the careful squeeze in the vise should cure it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Would a extra power spring help? Does Wolff make one for the PM9?
    I have never had a magazine shed rounds except one time when the OAL was too long and the bottom round got bound up on the face of the mag, taking spring tension off the upper rounds - then they were loose enough to fall out.

So today I bent the feed lips slightly and holds the top round much more secure. This also reduced the taper of the mag. The mag is straightened out slightly. Use a straight edge to see what I mean...got this from Bawanna. I'm waiting for range trip Friday to verify perfect feeding.

Inside the frame of my CW9 I found a tiny spot of plastic flashing. With pistol pointing away from me it was on the right hand side of the mag release rod. And upon pressing mag release the rod would start to flex just before fully releasing the mag...it would drop half an inch like bpago mentioned.

I cut this little bit of flashing off and the mag release works great now. So with the bending of feed lips the taper at top of mag is reduced and holds bullets better. Plus cleaning flashing out and the mag drops quick and clean.