Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM9 mag issue

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrbonized View Post
    Would a extra power spring help? Does Wolff make one for the PM9?
    I have never had a magazine shed rounds except one time when the OAL was too long and the bottom round got bound up on the face of the mag, taking spring tension off the upper rounds - then they were loose enough to fall out.
    Yes Wolff makes stronger recoil and mag springs as well as a softer (5lb vs 7lb) striker spring. I recommend the 2 stronger springs and Jocko recommends the 5lb striker spring (I've not tried it).
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Vise trick did not work. Still have to pull mag out. I have no clue! 7 rnd drops with out a hitch. I don't remember this happening until about the 200 rnd break in. During break in not a single malfunction. The slide just doesn't fall.

Default we are

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Yes Wolff makes stronger recoil and mag springs as well as a softer (5lb vs 7lb) striker spring. I recommend the 2 stronger springs and Jocko recommends the 5lb striker spring (I've not tried it).
    referring to the ols tyle slide with the stronger recoil srpings, as wolffs is yet to make recoil springs for the new style PM9/cm9 version.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Somebody here, I'm thinking maybe Old Lincoln had this issue and carefully took a pair of pliers and tweaked the feed lips just a tad and cured the issue. They kind of open up towards the front and if you bend them just slightly more towards parallel they will hold the front of the cartridge a little more secure.

Several mentioned having a mag pouch that follows the angle of the top of the mag is beneficial as well. Most mag pouches are cut that way, at least the ones I've seen.
    I found that because of the steep angle the rnds. need to be at, to feed, the lips will spread open after a time

I made a mag lip adjusting tool out of square 1/4" aluminum that grips the lips without scratching them.
    I used a dremel cut off wheel to cut the slots. A fine tooth hacksaw blade will work also.

Then:

For safety sake completely strip the slide

I take the recoil spring out of the gun so that I can manually move the slide forward.

Then I load the mag with my carry ammo, insert it and slowly work the slide to see where the rounds hit the feed ramp

I adjust the feed lips to where I think they need to be for that type of ammo.

Here's the pics. But ! The rounds can still sip out. The mag pouch I use is a Don Hume. The rounded bottom one worked great to keep the rounds in place. Then they changed the design to a square bottom. What I did with that one is wet it and then form it to a round bottom.

I hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any chance a moderator will sticky this? Great PM/CM 9 info.

Looks like we're packing 147 HST.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Looks like we're packing 147 HST.
    Ran my own tests on HST and Win. 147 RA9T

We carry the HST in our K9s and the Win. 147 RA9T in our PM9s

Difference of 100 fps from the pm9 between the fed and win. Any speculation why?

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Difference of 100 fps from the pm9 between the fed and win. Any speculation why?
    I fired 3 rnds. for each test. The velocity deviation between between the Win. stuff. big. But that doesn't matter to me.
    It's follow up shots recovery, penetration then expansion. in that order that matter to us

The wife was the test subject to find what was the mildest felt recoil for follow up shots. She fired lots of double taps. We carry the 147 HST in our K9s and in her Glock 17. And we carry the Win 147 RA9T in our PM9s. They had the most control for follow up shots.

We tried lots of ammo brands I had lots pics, but they're locked in Photo Bucket. Here's some. We also tested Speer Gold Dot, Remington Golden Saber, Win. Bonded and others.

This is what works for us
    Attached Images Attached Images