Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PM45 Issue?

Default PM45 Issue?

Hi, new to forums and new to Kahr. Brand new PM45. 50 rounds shot, and when I cleaned it, I noticed some of the metal on the slide between the recoil spring and barrel ports has broken away. Already secured an RA from Kahr and I'm shipping it back next week, just curious if this is an isolated issue or common with the PM45. Other than that, love it! Very accurate!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by elars2 View Post
    Hi, new to forums and new to Kahr. Brand new PM45. 50 rounds shot, and when I cleaned it, I noticed some of the metal on the slide between the recoil spring and barrel ports has broken away. Already secured an RA from Kahr and I'm shipping it back next week, just curious if this is an isolated issue or common with the PM45. Other than that, love it! Very accurate!
    I've never seen that before. Did you inspect it before shooting it? Just wondering if it was already there from the factory. I suspect they would just replace the slide for that one.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

I-Y-G

http://designlinetx.com/

yeah, sure did. Certainly wasn't like that new, and there were small bits of metal that had broken off inside the slide upon disassembly after only 50 rds. That area is just so thin...Thanks for your reply.

How did your shooting session go? Did you like the way it felt?

I-Y-G

Other than this issue, I love it! 1st .45 (purchased for carry). I found it very easy to shoot for such a large caliber and small frame...I just have to ship it back to them now which is unfortunate. Hopefully they will rectify it for me. Generally speaking, how's there customer service?

Never seen that before.
    Definitely, to send back.
    Hope things work out.
    What kind of ammo you used?

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

Hi elars2, never seen that issue before but I'm kinda new to Kahrs but as for the customer service, it's top notch...A fellow named Ian with the Kahr service dept is a real good guy and will go out of his way to help you with a problem...Sorry this happened so soon after purchase but they will make it right for you....Welcome to the forum...I'm sorta new here too but you will make many friends here...Just watch out for that Dietrich guy....he thinks he is normble!!! stick around and you will see what I mean...

__________________________________________________ _______________
    I had some early issues with mine but they replaced the upper and everything is fine. Yesterday I was cleaning my PM 45 and noticed a small chip of the of metal from the left guide rail gone. About the size of pen point. I'm going to contact customer support. Let us know how you make out.

willyfast Guest

I've had a similar problem w/my PM45. Similar in that the leading edge of the polymer frame where the slide engages [travels] was being eaten up by the metal slide slamming into it with each shot. When cleaning gun after each shooting, I would find small fragments. I finally returned gun to Kahr when a larger piece broke but was still partially attached. Kahr's fix was to remove frame material until they got back to undamaged polymer. Then both frame rails were modified to match. Not convinced the gun was fixed, I haven't shot it since. Since the slide rams into this area with every shot, how much more damage followed by removal/repair before gun reliability is questionable? I'm no gunsmith, but this just isn't right, especially with a high $$$ pistol.

Other than this issue, I love it! 1st .45 (purchased for carry). I found it very easy to shoot for such a large caliber and small frame...I just have to ship it back to them now which is unfortunate. Hopefully they will rectify it for me. Generally speaking, how's there customer service?
    Their CS is top notch. You won't be disappointed.

I-Y-G