Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PM45 Issue?

Not acceptable solution in my opinion. The lower should be replaced! That's what I want.

willyfast Guest

Quote Originally Posted by willyfast View Post
    I've had a similar problem w/my PM45. Similar in that the leading edge of the polymer frame where the slide engages [travels] was being eaten up by the metal slide slamming into it with each shot. When cleaning gun after each shooting, I would find small fragments. I finally returned gun to Kahr when a larger piece broke but was still partially attached. Kahr's fix was to remove frame material until they got back to undamaged polymer. Then both frame rails were modified to match. Not convinced the gun was fixed, I haven't shot it since. Since the slide rams into this area with every shot, how much more damage followed by removal/repair before gun reliability is questionable? I'm no gunsmith, but this just isn't right, especially with a high $$$ pistol.
    In my haste to air a grievance, I neglected to say what a nice carry piece the PM45 is and amazingly accurate.

Default that is

Quote Originally Posted by elars2 View Post
    Hi, new to forums and new to Kahr. Brand new PM45. 50 rounds shot, and when I cleaned it, I noticed some of the metal on the slide between the recoil spring and barrel ports has broken away. Already secured an RA from Kahr and I'm shipping it back next week, just curious if this is an isolated issue or common with the PM45. Other than that, love it! Very accurate!
    totally unacceptable. The entire gun should go back. You should recallthem and ask for IAN and send him that photo by email etc, . You should not hav eto pay to send it back. They should issue a pre paid pickup on that gun. You should insist on it to. or otherwise you will be out about $40 for shipping over night to them.

In this case especially, this is a total defective gun and they shold bare the brunt of paying shipping both ways. Its your call, but I certainly would not take no for an answer either... As they will pay to pick it up but certainly volunteer it either.. You need to talk to the right person to..

Default ammo could not

Quote Originally Posted by Vinikahr View Post
    Never seen that before.
    Definitely, to send back.
    Hope things work out.
    What kind of ammo you used?
    have caused it. It is a bad slide and probably barrel also...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinikahr View Post
    Never seen that before.
    Definitely, to send back.
    Hope things work out.
    What kind of ammo you used?
    Ammo was Magtech. Nothing special...

Last two times out with my PM45 I noticed some small black shards... very small ... on my forearm. At first I thought that it was just powder (the Federal 230gr FMJ seems to run pretty dirty), but after reading this thread I wonder whether it could be from the polymer. Will take a magnifying glass once I take it down and see whether it could be polymer shards and report if I see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    totally unacceptable. The entire gun should go back. You should recallthem and ask for IAN and send him that photo by email etc, . You should not hav eto pay to send it back. They should issue a pre paid pickup on that gun. You should insist on it to. or otherwise you will be out about $40 for shipping over night to them.

In this case especially, this is a total defective gun and they shold bare the brunt of paying shipping both ways. Its your call, but I certainly would not take no for an answer either... As they will pay to pick it up but certainly volunteer it either.. You need to talk to the right person to..
    I hear ya...Actually it is Ian who I was in email contact with...Sent him the photo I've attached here as well. Initial response was that this is the way it was machined...But I replied that this is certainly not machined due to the roughness. But totally quick replies, and promptly got an RA# from them. Not too worried about the shipping cost, just want this brand new piece to be correct! I'm certainly not firing this thing again until they check it out. Not sure, but I'm betting it's somehow coming into contact with the spring, and that is not a good thing.

elars2

PM sent.

Default PM45 Barrel Chiping

I feel your pain.
    I had a chip of metal come off after 200 rds.
    sent it back to Kahr. They said they replaced the barrel but the barrel that came back with it has this corner rounded off.
    Sure looks like it was polished out instead of being replaced.
    I will be calling Kahr next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default PM45 Barrel Chiping another view

Here is another view.
    Attached Images Attached Images