Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK grip screws

Default MK grip screws

Anyone know where you can get stainless steel grip screws for MK40 that are either torx or allen head. Just don't like the factory screws, have been searching everywhere.

The Kahr shop usually has them. They are the same thread as a 1911 so if you find those locally your in business. You of course may have to adjust the length.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You don't want to get them too tight, but they can come out if not tight enough. Some threadlock is helpful.

When I put the CT Laser Grips on my K9, they got loose quickly and I almost lost them at the range... short screws, otherwise could interfere with the trigger slide bar.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I would also like some torex or allen head screws; the Kahr ones are regular straight blade screws. Ugly in my opinion, I like my guns to look as nice as they shoot.

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

The only downfall to torx or allen head grips screws, actually there's 2 downfalls. 1. A person can always find a flat bladed screwdriver, not always so easy to find an allen wrench. Course how often does one need to remove a grip other than occasional cleaning underneath.

The other is overtightening. A lot of force can be applied with an allen screw. I usually us a screw driver handle or insert the long end of the allen wrench and tighten with the short arm.

They do look really nice though.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Screws that are too long interfere with the mag. They will protrude into the well.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The only downfall to torx or allen head grips screws, actually there's 2 downfalls. 1. A person can always find a flat bladed screwdriver, not always so easy to find an allen wrench. Course how often does one need to remove a grip other than occasional cleaning underneath.

The other is overtightening. A lot of force can be applied with an allen screw. I usually us a screw driver handle or insert the long end of the allen wrench and tighten with the short arm.

They do look really nice though.

I know.....but my gun NEEDS them, just yesterday it was complaing to me...."do these screws make me look ugly" and I couldn't give an honest answer.
    "Life Member NRA"

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I know.....but my gun NEEDS them, just yesterday it was complaing to me...."do these screws make me look ugly" and I couldn't give an honest answer.
    That's more than enough just cause right there. I've been ordering 1911 bushings and screws from Fusion. They have several options. You best have the CC ready and make that call now. But wait if you order 26 at the every day normal price we'll double your order and throw in a sham wow absolutely free.
    Colors may vary, operators are standing by.

Too much TV................................................ ................
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well if you get sucked in....I mean buy 26 today, I will gladly pay you Tuesday for 4 of them purdy ones in black or stainless....
    "Life Member NRA"

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko63 View Post
    Anyone know where you can get stainless steel grip screws for MK40 that are either torx or allen head. Just don't like the factory screws, have been searching everywhere.
    OK I have a Springfield 1911 Ultra Compact .45, I took the torx head stainless screws off of my 1911 and put them in My MK40 which is sporting a set of CT Laser grips at the moment and they were a perfect" fit. So 1911 Slimeline tork or hex screws should work fine for you. Go search on Ebay, I just ordered 2 sets of 4 per set. They were 6.99 per 4 pk plus 6.99 shipping.
    Last edited by lkgmadmax; 03-03-2012 at 05:52 AM.