Hey all, new guy here.

Ive wanted a Thompson for years and finally picked one up from a used ad. The thing is like new though.

Its a TM1 if I am not mistaken

In any case, I had a few questions I was hoping you guys could help with.

1) I'm thinking of getting a 10in BLANK ONLY barrel which per the ATF is perfectly legal to do as it makes it a non gun. It'd be great for reenactments and make the gun look better where I have it on display. The question is, what is involved with removing/reinstalling the barrel for when I want to take it out and shoot for real with the factory 16in barrel? Is it simply a screw in barrel? Loctite? Torqued to a certain ft/lb setting? What about front sight alignment?

2) I would have liked to get the model with the Quick detach stock, but the deal I found on the used one... beggars can't be choosers.... Anyone know if I can buy the stock separate and the quick release plate and just pop it on?

3) Last of all, I measured the trigger in at over 8lb! I was hoping I could lighten that up a little bit, maybe to 5lb or so. Will it break in with shooting or anyone know a good mod to ease it up a bit? Polishing the surface, shortening a spring, or whatever? Im planning to order the easy pull recoil replacement springs as well.

Thanks in advance!!!

-CB