CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PM9 ammo

Default PM9 ammo

Hello,
    I just purchased my second Kahr, a PM9 to use as my BUG and some plain clothes carry. I know all the debate on which ammo is best in 9mm, but what runs most reliably in these PMs? In my full size Berettas I use Federal 115BPLE +p+. Any thoughts?

PM9s don't seem to be ammo sensitive. You will see lots of recommendations for Gold Dots mostly 124gr +P, Critical Defense, Hydra Shoks etc. I personally like the HST 124gr in both +P and standard.
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Mine won't hand rack very many rounds but does very well with the Winchester PDX1 Bonded in 124 grain.

That said, it eats everything I feed it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymailman View Post
    PM9s don't seem to be ammo sensitive. You will see lots of recommendations for Gold Dots mostly 124gr +P, Critical Defense, Hydra Shoks etc. I personally like the HST 124gr in both +P and standard.
    We use HST in our 40s. I think you suggestion on the 124gr HST might be the ticket. Thanks

Remington golden saber 124 +P BJHP for me, 12 bucks for 25 rds at sportmansguide.com works for me no jams on the 6 rd mags only problematic on the 7 rd mags but this is due to the 7 rds mag not the bullet, Kahr sent me a newly designed base plate I'll post results as soon as get a chance, I also purchased 25 rounds of winchester bonded PDX1 elite at wally world for $17.00 + tax to try. As for practice rounds winchester NATO 124 gr +P at sports authority can be had for $12.00 + tax for 50 rds per box, little bit more that the 115gr but well worth it in my opinion a bit more kick but works very well on very short barrels.
    SS Kahr PM9 with Dessert Tan Wolf Concealment Holster: Black Ruger SR9c with Insight XL2 Laser/Light Combo, Custom Wolf Concealment Holster with Double Mag Pouch: Galloway Precision CCW Trigger Kit and SS Guiderod Striker Indicator: SS SR9 with Veridian Green Laser and a bunch of Ammo! :53:

in my CM9, I've had no issues with Winchester Ranger 147gr. Granted, it is the only ammo in 9mm JHP that my city carries, so I'm stuck with it.

I can't remember all of the different types of ammo that I have run through my PM9. It has run just fine with they wide variety of ammo I have used.

I really like the Gold Dot 124 standard pressure or +P I have carried both.

My PM9 has eaten everything I can get in the magazine. I like gold dots and Blackhills extra power

kahrs by and large are just not ammo sensitive..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I’ve ran 23 different loads in my PM9, no issues. Carry Gold Dot 124+p or 147 gr.
    If a sign could stop evil….They’d make holsters for them!!