Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace

Thread: PM 40 Issues...

Exclamation PM 40 Issues...

Man, My PM 40 issues seem to be a bit different from normal, and it has me concerned.

It seems that I can't get the first round of either the 5 or 6 round magazine to hang up on the feed ramp no matter how hard I try. Slide release, Slingshot, ride the slide, it just goes all the way into battery no matter how hard I try to keep it from doing so. I even learned how to rack the slide one handed somewheres on this ding dang internut, and that works perfectly too!

When I press the mag release, the magazines drop free no matter how hard I squeeze on the sides of the grip area of the frame. Guess I need to build that up with some gunk or something.

I cant seem to get a limp wrist failure to feed no matter how loosely I hold the gun. I would be in fear for my life to hold the gun any more loosely, and it just seems to feed with authority. Do I have to risk death to get a failure because the gun flew out of my hand

I can't find any ammo that fails to fire and eject cleanly yet. (but I have hope yet, I have only tried 5 different brands.)

It hits to point of aim when I bother to do my part.

I don't think the recoil is all that different from my LCP with half the weight (and half the muzzle energy, too)

If it hit the primer any harder I don't think primers or gunpowder would be required to launch the bullet. Maybe the 5 # striker spring will fix this so I can get some misfires and practice my tap rack and roll. Perhaps it will also reduce that gawd awful 4 3/4 # trigger pull.

I am starting to get paranoid. I bought this gun used and can't find anything that doesn't function perfectly. I even took it all the way apart and put it all back together but still couldn't seem to hose up its reliable function. Why the hectare was this used gun for sale? :31:

(My apologies to anyone with bona fide problems with any of the Kahr lineup, but this post is a feeble attempt to help balance the internet. I only have to get a few hundred of my buddies to buy them and report back similar findings.)

Have a nice day.

seems you are having tons of problems with it, i'll take that off your hands

btw where are the pics?
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

send it back, don't settle for less than perfection. Oh damn thats glocks saying.

nice report. I am not a 40 cal fan but if I st I will take that POS off ur hands and deal with those damn issues..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Man, you just can't please some people I posted a very clear picture of EVERY failure!

I like a challenge, I think I will keep this one a while

You obviously are just lucky and if you actually participate in what your name suggests that proves it.

What are the biggest fears of people onboard an aircraft? Engine quitting? Onboard fire? Running out of fuel?

Never happen in a sailplane.

Not a big time player in the sailplane game, but have about 300 hours with no incidents or scares - and a few really nice flights of 3 to 6 hours or so.

I would definitely rather be lucky than good, because one can only be so good, but there is really no limit to how lucky one could be.

I am of an engineering mindset, so I seem to overcome lots of minor technical and mechanical issues without them blowing up into real problems.

I'm a fan of Seconds From Disaster. If up high enough they all glide until they run out of luck. I've heard its not the fall that gets ya its the landing. My mk9 & mk40 work perfectly as your pm40 does for you. That makes me lucky with one thing. Better one than none

Near as I can tell there is one leading cause of death: Birth. It has been 100% fatal with the possible exception of one case millennia ago that is impossible to verify.

Since we are all doomed, I figure go do what I want and try not to find myself giving my life away for free to some thug. If it isn't setting off my "this is STUUUUUUUPPPIID!!!!" detector, it is all kosher. When I am not flying gliders I do a bit of motorcycling. Sometimes I really take my life into jeapordy and go for a walk around the neighborhood with my 4 year old.

To bring back on topic:

Bang!
    Bang!
    Bang!
    Bang!
    Bang!
    Bang!

Darn. it worked again. What does a fellow have to do around here to crack a magazine or follower?:80:

Mine won't shoot straight...

bah, humbug.

Joe
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide