Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5# Wollf spring installed

Default 5# Wollf spring installed

Installed last night. It is quite nice, the difference is noticeable. Gonna hit the range on Tuesday. I hope.

Let us know how how you like it and how much it helps with your accuracy.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by thetmanski View Post
    Let us know how how you like it and how much it helps with your accuracy.
    Will do. It is definitely a smoother, lighter pull from what I can tell right now.

Did you have any parts left over or things that flew away that you couldn't find?

I hate it when I do something like that and find a little piece a few days later on the floor and go uh oh, where did that come from.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

While your looking for things that flew away... let me know if you find a mens grey sweatsock, its been missing from my drier for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Did you have any parts left over or things that flew away that you couldn't find?

I hate it when I do something like that and find a little piece a few days later on the floor and go uh oh, where did that come from.
    Lol, no. But I know exactly what you are talking about. The other day I had my XD apart for a thorough cleaning and I removed the chambered round indicator for the first time. Upon re-installation, the tiny little spring got away from me under tension. Took me a good ten minutes to find it even though I knew about where it landed. I am a tinkerer at heart so I am usually pretty good at not screwing things up.

Sorry for this basic question, but did you replace the recoil spring of firing pin spring?

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3366 View Post
    Sorry for this basic question, but did you replace the recoil spring of firing pin spring?

The firing pin spring.

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3366 View Post

Referring to the striker/firing pin spring. Don't listen to me, it's really not difficult to swap and it does seem to help the trigger pull even though it's pretty darn nice right out of the box.

Unlike Tilefish who is good at not screwing stuff up, it's almost a forte for me. I guess everyone has to have one, mine is screwing stuff up. But it don't stop me from trying to do stuff and once in awhile I do ok.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

To supplement the detail strip guide post in the tech section, I found a video on youtube demonstrating the procedure. Its fairly simple once you get the hang of it. Takes me less than a minute to have it apart. Some people do dry fire practice, I take my guns apart and clean them lol.
    I have had my bi-tone XD9 for well over a year now and put many thousands of rounds through it. You would be hard pressed to differentiate it from a NIB XD. The only give-away would be the firing pin retaining roll-pin.