Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bawanna's New Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm ok with that but it might be stretching the limits of the flashbang concept. I'll have to consult with TD2K and get back to you on that. I'm thinking under wire to day the very least and maybe high tensile under wire at that.
    only one way to find out
    Sooner Born and Sooner Bred

Tom Givens (Rangemaster) - Certified Advanced Firearms Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_K View Post
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over? Lol. My main concern would be timing issues. Having two different barrels, links, and rounds, working in exact unison just doesn't seem feasible. No two rounds are going to be loaded exactly the same, which means your going to have two slightly different cycle rates. The side with the slower cycle will be pulling the side with the high cycle rate back causing an uneven load between barrels. I know this pistol has two barrels in one slide but there can still be timing issues because of the uneven load.

Maybe I'm completely wrong with my thinking. Either way it is still kind of an interesting pistol.
    A battleship has three barrels in one turret. No problem unless you're on the receiving end.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I'd like to see a double tap come out of that thing. Would be interesting for sure. I'd also love to see what a DA would say with a failure to stop drill, you know two to the chest, one to the head.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

These things will be littering the tables of gun shows for many years to come. And that's probably the purpose behind the design.

All I want is one, I'm not greedy and don't need a whole table full YET. I know it's kind of gimicky and not practical but that's kind of where I live too, I try not to dwell on practicality.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    All I want is one, I'm not greedy and don't need a whole table full YET. I know it's kind of gimicky and not practical but that's kind of where I live too, I try not to dwell on practicality.
    In my opinion firearms do not necessarily need to be practical in order to buy them, sometimes you can get a specific one just because it is fun; I have done it before and I am sure I will do it again. I guess that is the difference between "liking guns" and just "owning guns". If you get or handle one please let us know what you think about it.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -- Abraham Lincoln --

Quote Originally Posted by KMA View Post
    In my opinion firearms do not necessarily need to be practical in order to buy them, sometimes you can get a specific one just because it is fun; I have done it before and I am sure I will do it again. I guess that is the difference between "liking guns" and just "owning guns". If you get or handle one please let us know what you think about it.
    I'm also a firm believer in just cuz. I like strange, different and old, with a little weird thrown in from time to time. Heck I want em all someday. Hope that don't come up if I ever make a run for president. Yup, candidate bawanna wants all the guns. Might look bad. I'm not ashamed to admit I LOVE guns. One of the few things in life that never torment me or cause me mental anguish. When they frustrate me, I can set them aside and make up at another time at my leisure. Try that with a water heater, or a washing machine or a significant other.

And remember not to tie your dog on the roof of your car, that looks bad too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default No more double taps

I found the vid for this.
    I wonder if the gloves are mandatory?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BM-DGaNmtA0

Here's another vid of their stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUyOu...3&feature=plcp

"Uploaded by arsenalfirearms on 2 Mar 2012
    The AF2011-A1 Double Barrel Pistol comes actually as the very first industrial double barrel semiautomatic pistol of all times. The original idea came about ten years back to Swiss armourer Vivian Mueller, who at the time experienced cutting and welding together multiple parts of the famous Sig P210: the result was a long slide, double barrel 9mm, highly decorated collector piece, which indeed shot very well.

Our idea took the challenge further: to commemorate the legendary Colt 1911-A1 in the Centenary by making a true industrial market-ready double barrel .45 caliber pistol.
    We achieved success in the brief span of 6 months, after intense and round-the-clock 3D designing, stereolithographic modeling and parts machining.

The gun can be handled by any shooter able to shoot with a .45 Acp and it is not only very pleasing, but very accurate and great fun. The AF2011-A1 holds amazing and surprising target performance for the shooter: in fact, it will group all the 8 double .45 caliber rounds (16
    bullets) held in the duplex, single columns magazines, in a target of the size of an orange at 15 yards and of a water melon at 25.

The stopping power of the AF2011-A1 is tremendous: 2 bullets for a total of 460 Grains weight impacting at 1 to 2 inches apart (depending on the distance of the target) will knock down a bull, while the whole 18 bullets, for a payload exceeding 4000 Grains, can be delivered to the target in about 3 seconds.

The AF2011-A1 obviously features a number of very special parts, such as the single slide, the single frame, the single spur double hammer, the single grip safety, the single body double mainspring housing and the single double cavity magazine floor plate, the long and double magazine latch, the special barrel bushings and the hold open lever and side lever safety with long shafts: but the most interesting feature of the new pistol which we strived to keep during the development of the project, is the interchangeability of most internal parts, which come as standard 1911 replacement parts. These include the firing pins, the firing pins plates, the sears groups, the triple springs, the inner parts of the mainspring housings, the recoil springs and recoil springs rods, the magazine bodies and inner parts, the sights (including after market adjustable sights) the grips and grips screws and bushings.

The AF2011-A1 ("Twenty Eleven" for aficionados) can be ordered either with 2 independent triggers and one sear group (left or right, with user-interchangeability for right or left operations) or with 2 triggers permanently joined and the choice of 1 or 2 sear groups.
    The AF2011-A1 is available in mirror finish Deep Blue or with a 3400 Vickers surface hardness White Ash Nitrite coating."

More info at www.arsenalfirearms.com

Quote Originally Posted by cesande View Post
    Let's see the pocket carry version! LOLOL
    That is the pocket carry version. You should see the service model.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380