Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perfect ccw remedy.

Have you guys ever gotten your pinky pinched with those metal base plates?? I put them on my P40 and I got pinched the first time I shot, so I added O-rings. The 1/8" thick ones were TOO thick... too much pressure on the magazine... pulling it outward, so I tried the 3/32" thick by 3/4" I.D. and that seems to work. The first ones were too thick and too loose... 15/16" I.D.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Have you guys ever gotten your pinky pinched with those metal base plates?? I put them on my P40 and I got pinched the first time I shot, so I added O-rings. The 1/8" thick ones were TOO thick... too much pressure on the magazine... pulling it outward, so I tried the 3/32" thick by 3/4" I.D. and that seems to work. The first ones were too thick and too loose... 15/16" I.D.

Wynn
    I was thinking of doing that! So what size works? Is it 3/32 thk x 3/4 ID? Thanks

Just got off the phone their customer service ( lady was not very friendly by the way)........actaully she was quite rude!! Anyway........asked if I had also ordered the metal base plate lock. I had'nt so she told me I had to go back on line and order it also for the metal base plate to work. I asked if I could order from her and she could ship it with the correct base plate and she said no! Guess that is their way of charging those rediculously high shpg charges again!! Not too happy about that.
    Just a note for anyone ordering the metal base plate...........be sure and get the lock plate also!!!!

You can order the metal lock,but you don't need it to work.I had a few extra plastic ones and tried different things.On one I sanded it down until it was level with the base plate and on the other one I put a washer in between the plastic lock and the base plate.

Women on the phone usually are rude to me as well it's their ego.
    Never use your gun to pistol whip someone,that could mar the finish.

Well...........here we go again!!! I went back online and ordered the "metal" lock plate for the mag and you guessed it!!!!!!! They sent me another plastic one!! The packing slip says "037PM9" (which is what I ordered) and they sent me a "044PM9". Needless to say I will NOT be ordering anything directly from Kahr again unless I 100% absolutly have to!!!!

how long did it take you to get the mags? Hell I ordered a pin, spring, and SS rod for my cw40 2 weeks ago and the tracking number still says awaiting pick up. I've sent 5 emails with no response and I called but after sitting on hold forever I finally hung up.

Also, any similar remedy for the CW 40?????

Quote Originally Posted by JDJHNTR View Post
    Well...........here we go again!!! ...
    What a bummer. They must have the wrong parts in the bin they are pulling inventory from without realizing it!

I dont know whats going? Two orders made and two orders wrong! Not very good odds, and then a rude customer service rep on top of that!
    Love their guns but not impressed with the way they take care of their customers!!!!!

I've heard good things about their customer service. Maybe you got a bad apple having a rough day?

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoB View Post
    I've heard good things about their customer service. Maybe you got a bad apple having a rough day?
    I had too? But...........I ordered one and it came in wrong, called and got rude customer rep, ordered again and wrong one again!!