CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: Who has a heavily used PM40?

Default Who has a heavily used PM40?

O.K. I have seen that Jocko has more than 30,000 rounds through his PM9.

I am wondering who out there has more than 10,000 rounds through a PM40, or what kind of high round counts are out there. I am also interested in any needed repairs to these pistols to keep them going. I expect to have to replace the recoil springs occasionally, I am thinking maybe every 5,000 rounds.

I know the 40 gets beat up a little harder than the 9, and I am just wondering what kind of realistic service life might be expected.

Thanks for playing

I don't know about long term absolutes, but I seriously doubt the gun will "wear out" on you. 30K is not all that much in the grand scheme of things. Heck, I have had my K9 a few weeks and probably already have almost 1K through it and I plan to keep using it. Often. I can't even guess how many my XD has through it and it still looks brand new. You have a quality firearm, take care of it, change the springs once in a while and keep it clean. It will serve you well.

I don't think you are going to find very many high round count PM40's out there. I have maybe a 1000 rounds through mine and it was used "some" before I got it. It will be years before I change anything in it. Your 5000 round count should be a good starting point for the recoil spring and maybe the magazine springs.

Joe
    Kahr CM9 9mm, Kahr PM40 40cal, SIG x-Five All Round 9, SIG P226 9, 40, and 357Sig barrels/slides, SIG P239-9mm, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B Da/SA converted to SAO and Kadet 22 slide

Not sure about heavenly used.......mine is about 3000 or so.....new Wollfe springs
    Works great I have not had any of te mag problems I have read a out.
    Working on 1500 for the PM45
    If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

When the Government is wrong, it's dangerous to be right!

Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter ... don't mind .
    .. and those that mind ... don't matter!