Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried the bump fire stocks for AR/AK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don't get me wrong jeepster, I'm not saying don't buy if that is what you want. I am just stating that this piece didn't appear to be made on a CNC from solid aircraft grade aluminum. Most of it from the you tube pictures looked like a stamped piece to me. I could be wrong as I have not seen one in person. It does what it does, it just looks pretty simple and not very expensive to manufacture. I will say it is simply cool though. I have a bike and I know I have over spent to get bolt on parts for it, but I still think in the back of my mind why so much. Because that's the price we will pay for our fun, and it gives us value for what we want it to be or do.

You pay for the R&D and the idea. A better one will cost even more. Just like the drug companies charge for medicine.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Hi jeepster, I think it's a cool idea, and on a non manufacture note I think over time there is a more then average chance the value would go up. I know from what I have seen since the 80s the tactical firearms market is robust and values have gained more than hunting arms. I will say though that I picked up a bow this winter to hunt next season. This is the first time since the 80s that I have looked at bows and man they just about had to hook an AED up to me. It would be no problem to sink a grand in a bow by the time you get everything you need for it.

I look at it kind of the way I do other purchases, say you bought a TV for $900, 6 months later it's on sale for $600, Do you curse yourself for not waiting, or did you get $300 worth of enjoyment out of the TV the 6 months you already had it? That's how I look at things because as soon as I buy something it goes on sale a month later.

While i doubt the price decreases on the thing, i figure I'll get my moneys worth in fun.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Bought one, tried it out, not really my style. It's barely even touched. Fired three mags with it. Want one at a discount? http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12484

I haven't shot one yet but my friend did. He said it was fun for a little bit but you run through ammo quick. It's for sure a cheap way to pretty much have a full auto rifle, you just need deep pockets if you plan on using it more than twice a year lol. Personally I'd rather use the $400 to get a pair of stamps for a SBR and suppressor
    Ruger SR1911
    Glock 19
    Kahr CM9

99% of all pistols produced today are more accurate than 99% of the people using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_K View Post
    I haven't shot one yet but my friend did. He said it was fun for a little bit but you run through ammo quick. It's for sure a cheap way to pretty much have a full auto rifle, you just need deep pockets if you plan on using it more than twice a year lol. Personally I'd rather use the $400 to get a pair of stamps for a SBR and suppressor
    Can't argue with that. But it doesn't take months of waiting, LEO sign-off, or creation of a living trust to get one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    Can't argue with that. But it doesn't take months of waiting, LEO sign-off, or creation of a living trust to get one of these.
    Getting the sheriff to sign off is easy, hard part is coughing up the money for everything else lol. From what I've been hearing the current wait is approaching 9 months! I wonder what the slidefire would be like on a 11.5" SBR with asuppressor?
    Ruger SR1911
    Glock 19
    Kahr CM9

99% of all pistols produced today are more accurate than 99% of the people using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_K View Post
    Getting the sheriff to sign off is easy, hard part is coughing up the money for everything else lol. From what I've been hearing the current wait is approaching 9 months! I wonder what the slidefire would be like on a 11.5" SBR with asuppressor?
    I heard 6 months, but I think it varies by state. Something about how many examiners are active for a given geographical area, versus how many requests they've got.

In my area, the current sheriff is not signing, so everyone's doing the trust thing. That's easy enough (the LGS selling the NFA stuff makes it super easy - they have a prepared form and are happy to help with the process). The money wasn't such a big deal for me. The hardest part for me is the waiting.

The hard part for me is the cost of the flippin silencer. I am currently doing a bit of research and I believe I am going to build what is known in certain circles as a freeze plug can for a 22lr.