Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CW9 vs CM9 need help deciding - Please assist

humm. I was under the impression he was asking about only the cm and cw9 kahrs and not other brands??
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

For your intended use I'd go with the CW9. The only difference between the two is the CW9 is 1/2" longer and 1/2' taller and holds one more round. Recoil is mild and because it has a single stack magazine the grip size allows the use for people with smaller hands. It's a quality firearm that will last you a lifetime. It can be concealed carried, but not in pocket.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

All - Thanks for the feedback. We have looked at many other brands. We have a few friends who have Kahr's and really like them and I think they are a good deal. Outside of Kahr, I really like the M&P line. SA, Glock, etc are all good no doubt and are proven.

Great forum and thanks again.

Responding to the question you asked, I'd recommend the CW. Awesome pistol!

The CW9 was my first Kahr and led to six more, so I must have really liked it. Unfortunately, it was stolen, but I current have a CW40 and 45. The CW series is among Kahr's best. The 40 and 45 are still my favorite carry guns, even though they are about my cheapest pistols.

A CW9 wearing a Hogue Handall Jr and you'll swear that it was made for your hand. Best feeling combo I've tried.
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Remington 870 with #1 buckshot will do best for home defense !!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazymailman View Post
    A CW9 wearing a Hogue Handall Jr and you'll swear that it was made for your hand. Best feeling combo I've tried.
    That is my setup too, and it fits like a glove for me. I don't have big hands, so I really like how it fits in my hand... and also that I can get my pinky on the grip.

I know the original question was CW9 or CM9... I think others here were just making sure you consider other options if you hadn't already. There are other options that may be more fun and more comfortable to shoot. But if you end up with the CW9, you won't be disappointed!

I'm also new here but have both and if I could only keep one it would be the CW.

i bought the cm9 for carry, but the cw9 would be better for range shooting, like most have said. don't worry about what brand is better, they pretty much all have something going for them. that said, the trigger on a Kahr is very consistant from piece to piece, and model to model, i have the cm9 and cw45 and the trigger action is identical, a good advantage when swapping carry guns. Kahrs are also very easy to break down for cleaning and have fewer parts than alot of their competition, also an advantage. that said, it's still a matter of finding a gun that you are comfortable with, so good luck with your purchase.