CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeezing 9mm mags.

Default Squeezing 9mm mags.

Heard I can make my mags drop free and retain ammo better by squeezing the feed lips. Any pictures of this? I would hate to ruin a $35 mag

Short answer is yes, however you need to be careful and don't squeeze too far out which may lead to cracking. I pretty sure I saw a video showing how.

Probably goes without saying you must push the follower down and run a pin of sorts through the holes to hold it down.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

If your not mechanical let someone else do it.
    What Old Lincoln said
    And the long answer is you squeeze the magazine body, where the lips meet the body, if dropping free is your goal.
    The red area is where the bulge is:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Thanks for the picture! Helps a lot!

After round one of squeezing, they definitely work better but could use a touch more. We'll see if I can get to it today.

Be interested to see if this affects reliability. I've got P9 that bullet wobbles left to right about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch in both 7 and 8 rd mags. I was concerned about this much movement in front of bullet but so far reliability has been flawless. Been wanting to squeeze front of my mags closer together to hold bullet more firmly but didn't want to screw it up either.

I measured my one mag that wasn't dropping free. It was .002 different than the one that was dropping free. A gentle squeeze and now they both drop free. I use Johnson's paste wax on my mags when cleaning them. I think that helps too

Mega props to you for this. I got 2 new mags today & they were so #&$^%(# tight!!! Squeezed them down based on this post & they're buttery smooth now...

Quote Originally Posted by Tilos View Post
    If your not mechanical let someone else do it.
    What Old Lincoln said
    And the long answer is you squeeze the magazine body, where the lips meet the body, if dropping free is your goal.
    The red area is where the bulge is:

I did this to all my mags, much much better now...

I'm happy this thread and my pic helps identify the problem area that needs the squeeze.
    And thanks to all who have posted back about their success,
    Tilos
    Last edited by Tilos; 06-11-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.