Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: Just an FYI

Default Just an FYI

Just found out that those around DFW, that Elm Fork is holding a silencer shoot on 4/28. They say no live fire from unsuppressed weapons that day. Link from TTAG http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...dallas-tx-428/ This sounds like it could be fun. For those unfamiliar with the site, they do have some different rules that you might want to know about before hand, and that are available on their website.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

That's pretty cool. A friend of my son's brought his silenced Walther .22 to shoot on my backyard range. I was surprised at how quiet it actually was. Think Mat said the silencer permit cost something like $200.00 dollars (is that per silencer?) and said the permit must be with you when the silencer was with you whether on the gun or not.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

That $200 is for the tax stamp, and yes it is $200, plus about 6-8 months of waiting and paperwork. Unlike an SBR, the can has a stamp, and not the gun, so you get a stamp for the can, and then may put it on any firearm. Downside is this, not too many firearms will accept a can, as there is little to no standardization.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

The video is long and I fast-forwarded to the .50BMG(?) shooting with the silencer in place... HUGE DIFFERENCE! NO dust signature. The ant crawling under the barrel during firing was a nice touch... he was undisturbed, too. You can plainly see why our troops need those suppressors to stealthily snipe.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".