Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to Kahr CM9 - break in suggestions ?

aw, so so nic eto see guys come forward to help women in need and the tips given are awesome. Photos are super. We don't want to loose women forum members and kahr owners, We are all here to help, so ask any question. If u think it might be foolish, we do not bite...

Thanks guys to for the nice suggestions.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

"Go have dinner at a Chinese restaurant and grap a hand full of chop sticks...They are tapered and wood and wont hurt the gun...Now pull back the slide and stick the tapered end down between the slide and the chamber/feed ramp and move it up/down until the witness marks are lined up and now the slide stays put and you have both hands to work with to get the slide stop pin out..."

That's what I was going to say. I hold the chop stick between my teeth with the pointed side out, use both hands to pull the slide back a bit and drop it in, repositioning it until the marks line up.

The other thing you need to master is reinserting the slide stop starting a 4:00, then rotating to 3:00 before inserting the rest of the way. Go to this web page, look below the picture and choose the Downloads tab. There is a take down video there.
    http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CM9.asp
    Very interesting...

keep it up guys u guys are on a roll. we will have these gals shootin and cleanin in no time. I always knew there was apurpose for chop sticks besides trying to eat with them. No wonder chinese people are small and skinny., jretty hard to eat soup. or mashed potatoes. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Duchess,

Welcome to the forum. It's great to see another lady join this rough crowd.

I second what JFootin suggested.
    I taught my bride and 20yo daughter to strip down my CM9 this way. Both are able to disassemble it every easily.
    The hardest part will be the reassembly. That 4 o'clock jab, rotate to 3 o'clock snap home thing is the key.
    The more you go shoot that little beauty the easier it's gonna be to strip and clean. My CM9 slide stop lever will pop right out now by pressing the other end.

Enjoy and welcome to the forum!

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Thanks guys -
    - of course I intend to learn to clean and maintain my own guns - the reference to having the dealer show me how to do it was a "point of purchase" thing, not an ongoing habit. I'm very comfortable maintaining my other pistols (M&P 45c, M&P 9c, Beretta Tomcat) and know I will be able to manage the Kahr when its loosened up a bit.

Tips like using the chopstick end, or an allen key wrapped in electrical tape are what I was looking for: "give me a lever and I will move the world" ...

Thanks for the clean and lube tips too - I read the PoS manual and it wasn't at all as helpful as you guys have been, so thank you for your keystrokes.

Duchess

ps: to those who make me welcome - thank you ! There are a few pistol packin' mommas out here !

You buy six Kahr pistol, get extra chopsticks and free egg roll!

Take that thing shooting and you want to go shooting again in 20 minutes.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

UR ARSENAL tells me u will have no issues at all with the kahrs, but never be leary of asking on this fourm. THESE GUYS ARE FULL OF IT. We do recommend a clean and lube before that first event though, as u just don't know what was left in the gun from the factoyr. We have seen striker channels full of maching crud. On the kahr tech sectio is also a good sticky calle dpropper prepping of ur kahr, . keep us posted, shoot close, the loooooong smooth trigger takes some rounds down range to get adjusted to. It ain't nutti like the models u have.

U have meet some of the cream of the crop members already, Tinman,JFootin, Bawanna

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Seriouosly, my brand new Kahr PM40 is having some issues with the extended mag. (Regular 5 rd mag works fine.) It refuses to go into battery with rounds loaded in the extended mag. Slide moves forward @ 1/4 in. then stops. However, it works fine with plastic "training rounds." I called Kahr, they are sending a new floorplate (finger rest) for the extended mag. I'm not sure how that's going to help as it does not appear to be touching the bottom of the grip. Anyone else have this issue with an extended mag? If so, how did you resolve it? thanx.

BTW - 200 rounds of 9mm waiting to be put through my new CM9 ... but I won't get to the range until mid next week :-(

home, home at the range, where the shells and the cordite do fly ....