Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting PM9 or CM9?

Default Shooting PM9 or CM9?

My buddy had a PM9, and sold it before I had a chance to shoot it. He stated he liked the size of the gun but he would always shoot low, and that is why he sold it. I am looking at 1 of the 2 models listed but want to know if this is common with these models? He stated the gun was reliable bout shot 6-10" low at 10 yards. Before you ? his shooting ability he does very well at PPC, IDPA, and IPSC.

urf buddy was blaming tghe gun for his shooting errors. Kahrs have looooong but smooth trigger systems and no doubt he was anticiapting the BANG thing and ur gonna get lows and lefts until u get the trigger discipline right. Also he might have thewrong sight picutre. Again he is blaming the gun when it is his fault. He ain't using a kahr n any of thois shooting events either. U outta try to rent a kahr somewhere before buying so u can accept or decline the way the trigger system in a kahr works. It is a defense gun not a target/match gun, It has no safety other than what is between ur ears and the looooong but smooth trigger system. If u can rent a PM9 or cm9 they are both the same size, weight and trigger system guns, so they should soot the same, THEN DECIDE.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

+1 with Jocko - did I just say that out loud LOL!

I think my MK40 trigger is like the PM9/CM9 guns.
    The long double action only trigger can give even skilled experienced folks
    fits if they don't take the time to dial it in.

The Kahr MK/PM/CM guns are abbreviated grip, short barreled, Self Defense guns.
    But they are considered very accurate compared to other like sized weapons.

yup trigger system is the same. every once in awhile IT IS A GOOD THING to agree with ol jocko.. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

^^^ hahahah once in a blue moon, there is no way a kahr's sight system is that far off.... 9-10 lb trigger will do that to you when you anticipate like mentioned above.
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

My PM9 was shooting 6-10 inches low from 25 yards when i first got it.

Then I went home and loaded snap caps and put on the crimson trace. I was so used to the S&W SA trigger that about a quarter inch before the 'bang' my trigger finger pulling caused my whole hand to clench which pulls the muscle in my forearm and makes my whole hand 'drop' so to speak.

The fix I found (which may not work for all) is using a death drip. Massad's article below explain the plus and minuses of it, but if i ever have to use this gun away from the range Ill have adrenaline dump and fight or flight so Ill have death grip anyway. I dont shoot all my pistols like this, but like I said it seems to work for me in the PM, I can put 2 mags in a 3-4 inch group from 10 yards.

http://www.gunthorp.com/how%20to%20s...%20handgun.htm

Not to discount your buddy's creds, but it sounds like he's used to shooting bigger, target guns. IMO the Peace Maker and the Cheaper Model are niche guns and shoot differently from a larger bullet eater. I think you should take ole Jockos advice and find one to try and see for yourself.
    ”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Unknown

vertical sighting could have been a problem, think of it as dotting an I. the triggers are very consistent from model to model, very simple guns.

An old fellow at my range noticed I was shooting low, and to the left a while back. He grabbed my mags and loaded them while talking to me. He snuck in a few dummy rounds, and told me about it. This is a real eye opener if you are a flincher. When the dummy round didn't go off, I noticed I was pulling to muzzle, anticipating the bang... After that, I was back on target.

Larry

The PM/CM series guns are so small it takes a different trigger finger method than other larger grip frame guns with a longer distance between the backstrap and trigger face...

I found that if I tried using only the pad of my trigger finger like on a target gun the looooong trigger pull made the muzzle go low and left but if I use more of my finger up to the first joint I shot it much better....With these little guns you have to improvise, adapt and over come with practice to shoot decent groups...

I can shoot good groups with my full size M&P .40 but nowhere near as tight with the PM40 but thats ok with me so long as I can get body hits on a silhouette target at 15 feet which is real world distance for a CCW pocket pistol IMHO...

Default indeed

Quote Originally Posted by thatguytoo View Post
    An old fellow at my range noticed I was shooting low, and to the left a while back. He grabbed my mags and loaded them while talking to me. He snuck in a few dummy rounds, and told me about it. This is a real eye opener if you are a flincher. When the dummy round didn't go off, I noticed I was pulling to muzzle, anticipating the bang... After that, I was back on target.

Larry
    that has been mentioned many times on this forum as a correctional AID.That ol man is a wise ol man. Just sayin

Manyh would call that anticipating the "bang" thing.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY