Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can these things swim?

Default can these things swim?

So i was out for the second time with my cm9, now total 270 rounds with no hiccups. I was shooting with a friend and I mentioned i wanted to put 100 rounds more through it to keep checking its reliability. He then said, "next time we come out, bring a bucket of water, let it sit in it for a few minutes and then see if it shoots."

2 things, 1) would it still shoot?, 2)would this mess anything up as long i clean it as normal afterwards and blow out the striker channel with brake clean and compressed air?
    CM9 purchased 3/2012: 250 rounds PMC, 20 rounds Federal HST, 0 malfunctions so far :33:

It would shoot no problem. I would not do it since it really wouldn't prove anything. If your joining the SEALS and plan to use the gun I might try it for the confidence factor but otherwise I'd just shoot it and enjoy the dryness.

I have an MK9 in the dept here, a detectives gun that spent 45 days on the bottom of Puget Sound. It had to have new springs and small parts and I had to replace the barrel but it's a top notch shooter. The salt killed it. Not the water.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

ur proving nothing, so WHY??/screw ur buddy. course u could make him a deal. u will throw the gun in a bucket of water for 5 minutes if he will stick his head in a bucket of water for 5 minutes, Then lets wee which one works!!! Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Bring some water and let him show you how...with HIS gun:7:
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

The whole idea sounds dumb. I'll bet he's a Glocker and a mall ninja. Bring the bucket of water, insist that he do it with his gun first, then tell him you're not going to do something that stupid and pointless with your gun!
    Very interesting...

At the very least up the ante and tell him to bring a bucket of good beer and try it

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Not with my pistol! That's for sure. I seem to recall reading somewhere that, when firing, the super heated steam from droplets of water in the barrel has the potential to damage the surface of the bore.

Not something you would worry about in a real life emergency, but I think I read it on the Internet . . . so it must be true.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Sounds like someone has watched too many youtube videos lol.
    Ruger SR1911
    Glock 19
    Kahr CM9

99% of all pistols produced today are more accurate than 99% of the people using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_K View Post
    Sounds like someone has watched too many youtube videos lol.
    +1
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland