Quote Originally Posted by vanbo View Post
Old thread, but unable to find anything else current about ultrasonic cleaning... I recently bought a Kendall US cleaner. I'm using L&R Gun cleaning solution, and L&R lubricating solution. A comment and a question...

1) I have a P9, black... I ran the slide through the cleaner... uh, I can say not a good idea. It's no longer black. It's more of a dark charcoal color. I'm quite sure the finish would get completely removed eventually, so I'll never run the slide through again.

2) Regarding polymer lower... OK to run through a US cleaner? If so, I assume I'd also run it through the lubricating solution afterwards, to ensure all the springs and other metal pieces are lubricated properly?

I can say I love the results, as it really knocks the crud off the nasty parts! AR15 bolt and firing pin assembles come out very nice; 20 minute cycle, with hot water (50 decree Celsius). My satin stainless revolver (Ruger blackhawk bisley, .45colt comes out looking like new. The only real scrubbing I have to do is the bore, but it definitely loosens stuff up nicely in there as well.
I have used an Ultrasonic cleaner on my P9 many times. I agree with the comments about oiling afterwards to restore the color and finish. Remember, the ultrasonic cleaner has stripped away all the oils and completely degreased your slide. Youbjust need to put them back.