Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Kahr K9 Elite 03

I think kahr does alittle extra on the elite versions although most all kahrs feed ramps are super finished. Urs is awesome. all 3 of my kahrs now look like that also after a good polishing with my dremel. They were greatin the first place but I can see myself in the feed ramp.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

@flashman

Sorry if my earlier post was confusing. I'd love to have a K9 Elite like yours (along with the 2 other Kahrs I listed) but have been resisting because I don't want to spend the money right now ... unfortunately seeing your pictures just fanned the flames of my desire, which hopefully will not break out into a full conflagration of financial irresponsibility for me until I am ready.

Hope you enjoy your k9, and we look forward to the obligatory range reports.
    "Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, speak once."

Hi Max. No problem. I held off from buying an expensive pistol. But my wife surprised me with it. What am I gonna tell her? Send it back? I was just looking around for a good deal on a K9 pistol. Just dreaming. But she got wind of it and called Kahr arms. They told her dont get an NYPD pistol, and what to look for etc. Model #'s etc. So the Hunt was on and they helped her look for a K9 Elite. I think my wife thinks that money grows on trees. So the excuse was an anniversary gift for me.

I say buy what you can afford. If you have bills or other things that take priority. Then dont spend the money. Guns are always for sale. I really wanted to get a deal on a K9. I have come to the conclusion that I would rather have a few high quality guns that I can depend on. Instead of a bunch of decent guns. I am tired of sending guns in for repair. I am a little disappointed about all the problems with the Kahr P380's though. I say wait until you are ready and the coast is clear. Take care.

Joe Flashman

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I think kahr does alittle extra on the elite versions although most all kahrs feed ramps are super finished. Urs is awesome. all 3 of my kahrs now look like that also after a good polishing with my dremel. They were greatin the first place but I can see myself in the feed ramp.

Hi Jocko,

Thanks for all the kind words. I would really like to learn how to polish the ramp like a pro. I dont know if they grind it a little, then sand and polish or what. I wish someone would post some information on it. I did some of this type of work to a Taurus TCP 738. That gun was so dependable after I did it. I found the information on Taurus Armed dot net. Guy that posted it was a 1911 man. That is the last gun that I did not send back to Taurus, but sold it anyway after I perfected it.

Joe Flashman

no no no, no grinding or hard sanding. ur just polishing the feed ramp, not redesigning it. Ur feed ramp in the K9 eliete is already polished, so no doubt it needs nothinbg dne to it. but flitz is a fine polish that willnot hurt anything.

if ur k9 is doing perfect, then do't rock the boat.... If it ain't broke, don't fix it..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

No. I am not touching my K9. But I also have a PM9 and two P380's. The PM9 is dependable and does not need it. But the P380's are pretty dependable. But not totally dependable. I hear that Kahr has replaced a lot of frames on those guns. I think they should have made the P380 an all steel gun. I have polished a few feed ramps. But I thought there was more to it. Thanks for the info.

Joe Flashman

Hi All. I took my K9 Elite to the range last week and put 100 rounds thru it with not one problem. Wow. What a gun. It shot very well. Its been so long since I shot a K9. I am used to my PM9 with more recoil. Not so with the K9. I feel it is dependable enough to carry. I am a happy man. No more guns for me.

Joe Flash man

Glad your K9 is working out great for you. I can shoot as many rounds as I can buy in a range trip. The recoil is more like a full frame gun IMO very easy to shoot for a small sidearm.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    ^ Pretty sure he was complimenting your k9. He wants one. Like most of us
    Absolutely!
    I would totally love a K9 Elite.
    It would be a nice addition to my MK40 Elite micro.
    My MK40s recoil is surprisingly manageable.
    Low bore axis and 25 oz of stainless.
    It's ~5 oz heavier than my Tupperware Glock G27 - LOL.

K9 with a full grip, in 9mm, has to be nothing short of sweet to shoot.

I must say I've never had the pleasure of shooting one.

I bought a K9 a few months back and just love it...right size and weight for CC. It flies through Winchester and Guarddog, my CC load, flawlessly. And the workmanship is second to no one!!! She's a keeper....