Stopped in a local pawn shop the other day and picked up a little blond finished, carbine length Mosin Nagant. Bore looked ok, as did the metal. The stock was beat up some, but no cracks or repairs. It was missing a barrel band and spring. After I got it home and cleaned off some heavy grease, I discovered it was missing the ejector, ejector spring and screw. Ordered the parts and decided to refinish the stock while waiting for them. Sorry, I didn't take any "before photos" as I had it apart before thinking about that and a being a little miffed about the missing innards, wasn't about to put it back together for a photo shoot. Anyway, parts are in, stock is done, and it's all back together First two shots at fifty yards were into a two inch diameter dot I had drawn on to a piece of typing paper as an aiming point (pretty happy with that). The rifle points very well. I had it along yesterday while shooting some other pieces and pulled it out of the case towards dusk. (I had read they create quite a fireball when fired at night). I fired about 25 rounds at a piece of typing paper on a target set out at 100yds in light ranging from where I could barely see both sights, to just the front, and finally, just the front ring. I was surprised to find all but two rounds were on the typing paper) with the two about an inch off). I'm looking forward to some more range time with this little cold war trophy.
Regards,
Greg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_l0-...ature=youtu.be