Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW9 Break-in, Range Report, Photos

Smile CW9 Break-in, Range Report, Photos

First off I'll give you a little background about myself. I'm a 21 year old Pennsylvania native, active duty U.S. Army Firefighter with one combat tour in Afghanistan OEF 09-10.

I bought my CW9 from Ace Sporting Goods in Washington County, PA. Well... I traded my Glock 22 Gen4 for it, call me crazy yeah yeah i've heard worse.

I loved everything about the CW9, the way it felt in my hand, the slim profile, the light weight, and the DAO and slide release as well as the polished feed ramp.

I use this weapon as my everyday CCW, inside the waistband of my pants right hand hip side. Without a holster for now until I get my Crossbreed Minituck for my birthday.

I made a few upgrades to the weapon before the break-in period.

• Kahr Stainless Steel Guide Rod
    • Hogue Handall Jr. (flipped upside down)
    • Pearce Mag Extenders
    • Crimson Trace LG-437 Laserguard

I cleaned and lubed the Pistol following the Kahr Lube Diagram found on the website.

I went to my local indoor range with 200 rounds of Winchester white box, which would not be my first choice but Walmart didn't have federal in stock. I also had a box of 50 Remington UMC.

The weapon DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE MALFUNCTION.

I loaded my 2 magazines in 5 round increments.

I went through 200 rounds fairly quick, not worried about accuracy or grouping.

The next 50 rounds I focused on shooting fundamentals (Steady Aim, Breath Control, Trigger Squeeze, Grip)

I couldn't get enough so I bought 50 rounds of what the range had. Some Fiocchi, which was actually rather impressive. I used the last 50 rounds to Zero and sight in my CT Laserguard.

The weapon is now dead on at 25 yards. It may be more accurate than I am, The way a good weapon should be.

After my first range visit I rigorously cleaned my CW9, with brass dust and carbon all over it.

Yesterday, A week later I went back to the range with my Dad, and shot 75 more rounds. Again ZERO MALFUNCTIONS, and still a Tack Driving Well Oiled Machine.

I COULDN'T BE ANY HAPPIER WITH THIS WEAPON.

After everything I read, I went to the range expecting the worst, hoping for the best. And the best is what I got.

If you take care of your weapon, your weapon will take care of you. It is your friend, your lifeline...treat it as such.

-Rescue271

knda hard to out shoot ct on a gun, nice report, no not really nice. HOW ABOUT EXCELLENT. course we ar eused to that here, so keep shootin i9t, u can't hurt it and it will only smooth out more.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Thanks Jocko,

I think a lot of the bad reports on here are from some inexperienced or uneducated shooters.

I'm constantly around weapons and I take excellent care of them, because my life depends on it.

indeed and kahrs are not for everyone either but it seems if u start out right with them and keep ur cool if issues happen the gun will reward u in the end. I sure read alot on this fourm of glock owners trading in their glocks for a kahr and never lookng back and that to me is not a negative towards glocks eithger. I own one and love it but it is my home queen and ready to go also, where as my PM9 is my 24/7 pocket gun..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Rescue271 - Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new CW9.

One thing that you have to remember is that on just about any firearm specific forum, you are going to get a lot of people that have problems with a specific gun. That's just the way it is and we here at KT try to help as much as possible.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Rescue271 welcome to Kahrtalk. Thank you for your service.
    Congratulations on the CW9.
    Glad to see and hear you're enjoying success with it.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

I will definitely try to post as often as possible, maybe even start making a couple youtube videos

Jocko,

It is fact that kahr pistols are not for everyone. My father has large hands (he plays the bass for a living) and he prefers larger pistols, such as the M&P 9 he has in the duty model and a Ruger GP100 4" barrel. He tried my kahr and did not shoot well with it just because of how it felt in his hand. I'm not particularly biased on what weapons I like or don't like based on look or feel... I need function. If it puts rounds down range consistently without malfunction I will shoot it.

I LOVE my CW9. This is my first Kahr pistol and I have enjoyed it from round one. I have never had a jam (Hope I dont jinx myself). The only problem I have had is sighting the gun - shoots low and left. Still working on that. It does give a good grouping.

rigel - hate to say this but........it's you, not the gun! Don't worry, you'll get better at it
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.