Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CW9 Break-in, Range Report, Photos

Great report! I too just posted one on my day today shooting my brand new P45, but was not nearly ad detailed. I too was worried after hearing so many bad reports about jams and mags falling out. I was stunned about how smooth the gun was. The only problems I encountered were not the gun's fault. I limp-wristed my first shot with my weak hand and the round didn't eject properly, and the Critical Defense rounds I tested would not feed properly, they were clipping the nose. This will be my carry weapon and I am thrilled with it so far. How are the Hogue grips? I too think the cheese graders are a bit much.

Good Shooting!

Thanks KahrArmed,

The Hogue grip might be my single favorite upgrade just because of how comfortable it makes shooting feel, makes the recoil feel like nothing. There are also good grips that pachmayr makes, however I have not tried them only heard some things on the internet..

Thanks for the grip suggestion. I have to say, my grouping looked not nearly as nice as yours. I did also shoot my Kimber Royal II and the recoil felt about the same, so I am mostly interested in eliminating the grating effect of the cheese graters on my palm.

could not one takesome fine 600+ grip auto paper andsandthecheese graters. Ur not gonna take alot off with the 600+ grit soany sanding IMO wold be merely dulling the corners of the cheese graters.U could also grip stipple the gun..

Besides the grips being good cheese graters,I have been told by some that they work extremely well in FISH SCALING to. They are like a swwiss army knife, so many useful things AT NO CHARGE EVEN. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I have also heard of people taking heavy duty bicycle tire innertubes and cutting sections off to fit them over the grips, and then trim to desired shape with an exacto knife.

But i just said F@#$ it and bought the 8 dollar hogue grip

Low and left usually means jerking the trigger just as the shot breaks. Get some snap caps and have someone else load your mags with one or two of these interspersed and it will really show up your jerk or anticipated shot break. It's a good training tool for even, steady trigger pull. You've got a great weapon there and I have the same problem with my new P9, especially being used to DA/SA guns in my past.

Yeah I would agree he's jerking it :-P

The CT laserguard also helps diagnose shooting errors. You can definitely tell when you jerk one

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue271 View Post
    I have also heard of people taking heavy duty bicycle tire innertubes and cutting sections off to fit them over the grips, and then trim to desired shape with an exacto knife.

But i just said F@#$ it and bought the 8 dollar hogue grip
    Yep, here's my Glock 36 and Kahr CW9 with puncture proof tube. Went on like a sock...cost $0.
    Rod

Rescue271, nice shooting. I just picked up a CW9 and am looking forward to shooting it.tom.

My PM9 is the same - perfect - Now I want a CT!