CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CW9 Break-in, Range Report, Photos

thanks deputy tom,

and Tomin, it is an incredible investment. once it is sighted in you can shoot it from any position. it's a force multiplier if i've ever seen one

RESCUE271, spoken like a real US Army Trooper. Take care of your weapon son and it will take care of you. UH RA !

I now have over 500 rds. through my CW9 and have to say I am loving it! Since I bought it three weeks ago my fingers on my right hand have gotten quite arthritic so I officially became a LEFTY this past week. Had a bit of trouble sighting at first, but finally got it right.

I am also getting some friction and not pain, but discomfort when I shoot a lot of rounds all at one time. So I would like to get some grips. It looks as through the Hogue grips work just fine. Has anyone used the Agrips that are sold by Kahr?

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerDave View Post
    I am also getting some friction and not pain, but discomfort when I shoot a lot of rounds all at one time. So I would like to get some grips. It looks as through the Hogue grips work just fine. Has anyone used the Agrips that are sold by Kahr?
    I really like the Qwik-Grips. Nice fit, nice feel and no palm swell or finger grooves, so added bulk is minimized.
    Very interesting...

Has anyone used the Agrips that are sold by Kahr?

I have some Agrips on order for my CM9. I'll provide a range report as soon as I get them. I'm optimistic they will tame the cheese grater. Although, it's really only a slight problem when I shoot 100 rounds or more.

There's a fellow on youtube who has 2 videos with the cw9 that uses the Agrips. he says he likes them, but the adhesive must not come into contact with any gun lube/oil or it starts to gunk up. The hogue is by far the cheapest, and it feels great

"I think a lot of the bad reports on here are from some inexperienced or uneducated shooters. I'm constantly around weapons and I take excellent care of them, because my life depends on it."

I am glad you are happy with your experience.

Your idea above has some merit in some cases. In other cases unhappy people have mechanical problems that the user cannot define or adequately explain in function words. They just know something happened that should not happen.

I would suggest that their experience not be trivialized. You might just find that your "experience" is rather minimal compared to any number of other fellows.

Being around weapons, using them, and taking care of them actually leads to little understanding as to how they work, how they experience failure modes, and failure repair/causation.

There are any number of users here who have machinery and engineering along with rather extensive firearms experience and can tell accurately what is going wrong, the symptoms, and possible ways to fix/prevent future failures. Plus the skills and tools to do it without introducing new problems. The last is the key. First of all, do no harm.

If you have read any of my threads, you should get the picture by now.

The CW9 deciding to drop its magazine yesterday is just the last in a long line of what the Hello is happening here. It was remarkable to me because in 20+ years of carrying a service size auto pistol most days, never once did one of them drop a mag unasked for. The M22 Glock has an extended mag release that sticks out a mile. It has never released itself in umpteen years since its installation somewhere around the late 1990's. (No way would I sell the M22 to check out something else.)

As I say, I am happy you are having a positive experience and hope it continues. You might review my threads to give you a hint of what to watch for.

Been trying to find the Quik Grips with no success. Finally ordered the Hogue Handall Jr. from Amazon for $8 - no tax and free shipping. Looks to me that the photos show they add a bit in circumference overall and a place to rest my fingers - hope they do as well as they look.

Been trying to find the Quik Grips with no success. Finally ordered the Hogue Handall Jr. from Amazon for $8 - no tax and free shipping. Looks to me that the photos show they add a bit in circumference overall and a place to rest my fingers - hope they do as well as they look.
    All you had to do was ask...
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=84
    Very interesting...

Well I got the Hogue Handall Jr. grips and installed a couple of days ago. Feels really nice! I went out and shot about 100 rds. of FMJ and then a full mag of Federal 124 gr. +P HST and it went well - in fact I am loving this gun even more.

The move to lefty is complete now that I can sight with either my left eye or both eyes open and with practice I am getting as good as I was with my right hand.

Will order some of the othe grips noted on the site just in case.