CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boberg XR9-S

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Boberg XR9-S

My Boberg arrived this week and I've had the chance to finish my review. It's pretty flippin' awesome.

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2...-s-review.html

nice review,and"fair and balanced I don't know whatI was thinking but I thought the Bobeg wasgonna be ultrasmall over all the other small9's out thereand ur photo comparison of the XR9 and PM9 looks almost identical, certainly IMO not alot to get excited about either way.

Nice review, glad to see it performed as desgned to.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Seems like a quality gun. Small but strong. I personally like new ideas when they work and this one works.

Great review! Those first shots with the reactive targets were awesome.

Thanks!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Very, very thorough and pofessional review. It seems that Arne doesn't believe in using customers as beta testers. Very commendable that he took all of those months to test and refine the design so that we see these guns working properly in customer's hands.

I personally think that, like the PM9, the gun is too big and thick for pocket carry. JMO, YMMV. But a very neat package for carry on the waist.

I would like to see the original, longer barreled design, which would still be very concealable and would produce considerably higher velocity to enhance the performance of 9mm ammo.
    Very interesting...

Excellent review and interesting gun. I too applaud the designer for taking the time to get it right before letting it out on the market unlike DB and the kool aid drinking following with it.

This has the possibility of a niche firearm. Due to the cost I doubt it will ever be cosidered mainstream.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

probably not alot of these guns out yet to get a IMO real reliability opinion. Shooters seem to bring the best and the worst out in any gun.. I remain skeptical only because it is a totally new design with alot of moving parts. The fact that it took him some years to get it out could also be finances to. this has to be a very expensive adventure on his part. What kind of warranty does he give with this gun??? That will also tell one alot IMO.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

He only gives a 3 year warranty in writing. I have a feeling he'll work with you after the warranty is up if you have any problems that are the guns fault. I hadn't the chance to compare mine to a pm9. The overlays they do on the Boberg site made it look closer in size to a p380. I think I did publish a pic of it next to my CW40. It's much smaller than the CW40 is of course. The PM9 looked a little shorter probably due to it's 6 round mag compared to the Bobergs 7rd standard mag.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

3 years seems long enough.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I thought it should be lifetime warranty for first owner at least, being such a new design. But if a pistol would fail after 3 years, I bet he'd pay to have a look at it and fix it, that's kind of how Arne Boberg comes across when he deals with the public on his forum. He really wants this gun to work out and be dependable and considered a high quality firearm.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.