Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster: To use or not to use, that is the question

I use a simple slider holster. $19
    After a bit it conforms to the shape.
    Never had any issues.
    I can wear it with anything.
    NRA sells leather ones, but they tend to stretch a bit after time, the nylon stays tight.

Get them from Pro something... at work sorry.... can't look it up.
    Diocoles
    DAV
    Life Member NRA
    VFW Member

I completely understand that it wasn't safe, I just didn't want to shell out 70 dollars for a holster that takes a couple weeks to make

How about versacarry? Minimal material, trigger guard, $28 shipped.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

if you want a cheap way to carry that way remora is a great way to go, but if you want retention and comfort with the ability to reholster pjholster is the way to go hands down. He can make you whatever you want and it's under 50 bucks. I would never carry plaxico burress style without a safety!
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue271 View Post
    I completely understand that it wasn't safe, I just didn't want to shell out 70 dollars for a holster that takes a couple weeks to make
    check out kahr's shop online... they usually have these holsters in stock so take a look and give them a call... i got my micro clip in 4 days... pjholster will make you one to your order and get it to you in a week or so. Can't beat it!
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

I have a Crossbreed for my MK9 and am glad I spent a little extra for what I consider to be a premium holster. Its very comfortable and well made, and practically forgettable even with the heavy MK9 in it.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

I like the Remora for my CW45 with CT laserguard. It's adjusts to about anyway you want to carry it, and really does grip your clothes without slipping around. Only problem with it I had was I had some loose fitting pants on, and loosened my belt after a meal, then went out to get the mail and forgot to tighten my belt up and the gun slipped down the rear of my pants, I was able to let it drop down a pants leg and retrieve it ok. It was dark by then and no one saw what was going on. Since then I always make sure my belt is tight and have not had any more incidents. I also bought a Remora for my Boberg, and it rides comfortably about any place I put it except for 3:00, I'm just not wide enough that that the handle doesn't print pretty obviously at that position.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I also have a remora and it works well for me..there are some videos on youtube you can watch to see them in action that might help you.

If you want a cheaper alternative, I have a Tagua K40 IWB holster (fits my CM9 just fine). They may make one large enough for a CT, so I would look into that. Then again, I got my holster locally at a large gun store so who knows.

There are some CT supported leather IWB holsters in the Kahr store on their website. They may still be pricey, but cheaper than a Crossbreed.

As others have stated, you definitely need to cover that trigger. That is just an accident waiting to happen. I am certainly for anyone carrying concealed, but I think Mexican carry is just plain dangerous. The trigger pull may be long, but it can still be jerked back.

Welcome to the Kahr community! Hope you enjoy your Kahr and trust your life with it for years to come.
    Kahr CM9, 9mm
    SW1911TA E Series Stainless, .45 ACP
    Beretta 90 two, 9mm
    -96 Vertec Stainless slide, .40 S&W
    Ruger SR9c, 9mm
    DPMS AR15 20" Hbar Upper,
    -RRA National Match Lower