Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen

Thread: PM45 trigger bar cover-no torx screw?

Default PM45 trigger bar cover-no torx screw?

I was wantin g to polish my PM45's trigger bar but it does not have a torx screw like my CM9's have just a blank flat headed pin.Hate to start prying on this thing.Is it not meant to be serviced ?
    Last edited by dzldust; 04-20-2012 at 02:03 PM.

My PM9 has the same set up and if u look on the left side u should see the end of that pin itself being flush with the frame. A very small punch will push that pin back out and yes it is reusuable. My thoughts on what u trying to do is if the gun is smooth, ur really not goona accomplsih jack sh! t by taking that side plate off. as the triger bar does not come out after that. jUST SAYIN.

I am one of those guys that believes if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Some of the early ones had that versus the torx. I honestly didn't think any of the 45's had that but apparently so.

I'll let wiser folks than me address removing it as I've never done it. It's definitely removable but I can't say for sure how.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

polishing the bar among other parts helped smooth up my last 2 CM9's quite a bit.Prob gonna leave it alone though cuz it is a smooth pull already

normally if there is any scratch feeling in the kahrs it is usuall that curly looking trigger bar spring that rides on the bottom of the bar and for some kahrs it takes just a little dab of great right in that area to take care of that, Most though are smooth as ur stating so no need to do anything. I am just giving u my opinion, as u know u can do it, u have done it, the pin is removable, but if the gun is smoothj, IMO just more rounds ou7t of the gun will do things that smoothing can never accomplish. Good luck, but I think u made the right decision.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY