CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what can i do to my new stock tp45 to make it more custo?

Talking what can i do to my new stock tp45 to make it more custo?

what can i do to my new stock tp45 to make it more custom and perform better and make it worth more money then just adding night sights?

gold plate it, then melt the gold down and sell the gold and keep the gun, nothing u cando is going to make it worth more money. They are what they are, certainly not collectors items. U can put alot of money into it for ur personal touchs but don't expect 10 cents on the dollar back for any investment over the msrp price of the gun. I have well over 1500 in my PM 9 for custom work THAT I WANTED DONE. never in my little mind did I spend this "needless" money with any expectation of ever recouping one dime back from the custom work I had done on it. actually to some if they looked at my PM9 they probaby would offer me far less than what it should have sold for in original condition "used".

Do what you want to do to the gun to make it YUR WAY, but IMO don't expect anything in return, other than satisfaction. If u keep the gun then no money IMO is wasted, The waste is when you try to sell it and find out that really no one gives a rats ass that you paid $150 for an action job, or $150 for porting.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Forgetting the "worth more" part...

Sure, night sights are nice if you like them.
    Maybe the lighter Wolff striker spring?
    Get an extra magazine or two.
    Find and deburr any sharp edges (after breaking in)
    "Melt" the sharp edges of the ejection port
    Round the trigger edges if need be, refinish or polish out (or bead blast etc)
    Alter the factory grip tread - I've seen some that had the edge pattern smoothed a little
    Deburr any plastic edges on the frame, parting lines, sprue marks, etc
    Melt the magazine bases
    Refinish the slide color to (insert color here) using Gun-Kote or whatever
    Drill the slide's rear cover for easy takedown of the slide parts
    Follow all care and feeding advice found on the forum - slide breech face bevel especially
    Melt the slide stop edges

That should keep you busy for a week or so....

I installed the Tuff 1 rubber grip with the Thin Blue Line on my TP45. It is a great useful add-on IMO. They come in various designs and can be used on many more items than pistol grips. Check'em out. http://www.tuff1.com/ They come highly recommended by me.

Something like Robar or CCR refinishing is also and option. More durable, self lubricating, etc. It might make it worth more to someone who would wanted to do that to it anyway, but in general it won't really do much for it pricing it for resale to the average gun owner.

These decisions are like harley enhancements; the next buyer gets the goodies on your Dime!
    Stipple and engrave?
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

u certainly are right with that. The money I spent with Dave Bowie to get my M & P super tuned, stippled and utter sh!t was alot, embarrassing alot. I never got a fokking dime for all that work either whenI peddled it. It wa snot like I had them stacked up at my door wanting to buy the M &P either. Just sayin.

I have doulbe the price of a PMJ9 in my Jocko's custom PMJ9, but it is a keeper so it an't goin anywhere but I would loose every dime I put in it along witht he ugly looks of it also. So like most here say, if u wanna do it, then do it but just don't think ur ever gonna ecoup on it, but if it is a keeper then who really cares.. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    u certainly are right with that. The money I spent with Dave Bowie to get my M & P super tuned, stippled and utter sh!t was alot, embarrassing alot. I never got a fokking dime for all that work either whenI peddled it. It wa snot like I had them stacked up at my door wanting to buy the M &P either. Just sayin.

I have doulbe the price of a PMJ9 in my Jocko's custom PMJ9, but it is a keeper so it an't goin anywhere but I would loose every dime I put in it along witht he ugly looks of it also. So like most here say, if u wanna do it, then do it but just don't think ur ever gonna ecoup on it, but if it is a keeper then who really cares.. Just sayin
    I have put $15 k into one of my harleys on top of the original cost. sold it for $20k about a $1000 less that what the bike alone cost me! But i like what I did, KNOWing, I would never recoup that investment......
    Dammit Jocko i almost correct YOUR spelling, by mistake....
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

been around Harley dealers for years, it is odd that when one puts in 5K or more in accessories on his bike, the dealer just goes to book value and fokk u on the accessory **** but when a prospective buyer comes in that dealers is showing the buyer all these expensive accessories on this bike to try to offset their high used price on the bike.

but ur right downtown, it is whatu want to do. I have alot in my Screamin eagle street glide ver and above how it came out of the box to, but I really don't care either. I get so much satisfaction from my bike the way I want it. U know that ol saying from ol time bikers. "chrome don't get u home, but IMO it sure looks nice.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Add a reflex sight.

Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.